Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fixing broken kitchen drawer

Hi,

The small metal brackets that fix the drawer front (wooden) to the
drawer body (metal) have broken on a kitchen drawer. The bracket
consists of a plate with 2 holes to fit to then drawer front and a
piece at 90deg with a cam and screw hole. The latter fit into a slot
in the drawer side.

The brackets are labelled Blum ZSF.150-02 (L&R), but I can't find any
similar brackets in the local BMs. The kitchen is fairly old (15
years) but I don't want to replace the kitchen over one unit!

Help appreciated.
M.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mark wrote:

The small metal brackets that fix the drawer front (wooden) to the
drawer body (metal) have broken on a kitchen drawer. The bracket
consists of a plate with 2 holes to fit to then drawer front and a
piece at 90deg with a cam and screw hole. The latter fit into a slot
in the drawer side.

The brackets are labelled Blum ZSF.150-02 (L&R), but I can't find any
similar brackets in the local BMs. The kitchen is fairly old (15
years) but I don't want to replace the kitchen over one unit!

Screwfix sell all types of differing kitchen unit fixings/rails/brackets
etc.

http://www.screwfix.com/cats/101697/Fixings/Furniture-Fixings

http://www.screwfix.com/cats/A332898/Ironmongery/Brackets/Brackets

http://www.screwfix.com/cats/A332904...Furniture/Draw
er-Fittings

Alan.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mark wrote:
Hi,

The small metal brackets that fix the drawer front (wooden) to the
drawer body (metal) have broken on a kitchen drawer. The bracket
consists of a plate with 2 holes to fit to then drawer front and a
piece at 90deg with a cam and screw hole. The latter fit into a slot
in the drawer side.

The brackets are labelled Blum ZSF.150-02 (L&R), but I can't find any
similar brackets in the local BMs. The kitchen is fairly old (15
years) but I don't want to replace the kitchen over one unit!

Help appreciated.
M.

HI Mark,
try http://www.isaaclord.co.uk

they sell blum kitchen fittings and when I was looking for
out of date replacement drawer runners they put me through to someone at
blums who found some old runners and sent them to me free of charge!

I'm sorry but I didn't keep the number but they (blums)were very helpful
and the guys at isaac lord were very knowkegable and helpful too.

dedics
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Mark wrote:
Hi,

The small metal brackets that fix the drawer front (wooden) to the
drawer body (metal) have broken on a kitchen drawer. The bracket
consists of a plate with 2 holes to fit to then drawer front and a
piece at 90deg with a cam and screw hole. The latter fit into a slot
in the drawer side.

The brackets are labelled Blum ZSF.150-02 (L&R), but I can't find any
similar brackets in the local BMs. The kitchen is fairly old (15
years) but I don't want to replace the kitchen over one unit!

Help appreciated.
M.

Go to the Blum site (www.blum.com), choose UK if necessary.

Try to locate a suitable part. If you do find the part you need, you
might be able to get it from a Blum retailer. (I use
http://www.isaaclord.co.uk/ or the shop itself.)

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod wrote:
Mark wrote:
Hi,

The small metal brackets that fix the drawer front (wooden) to the
drawer body (metal) have broken on a kitchen drawer. The bracket
consists of a plate with 2 holes to fit to then drawer front and a
piece at 90deg with a cam and screw hole. The latter fit into a slot
in the drawer side.

The brackets are labelled Blum ZSF.150-02 (L&R), but I can't find any
similar brackets in the local BMs. The kitchen is fairly old (15
years) but I don't want to replace the kitchen over one unit!

Help appreciated.
M.

Go to the Blum site (www.blum.com), choose UK if necessary.

Try to locate a suitable part. If you do find the part you need, you
might be able to get it from a Blum retailer. (I use
http://www.isaaclord.co.uk/ or the shop itself.)

There's usually a way to bodge these things with car body filler.
Depends how much chasing around you want to do

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 18:56:05 +0100, Rod
wrote:

Mark wrote:
Hi,

The small metal brackets that fix the drawer front (wooden) to the
drawer body (metal) have broken on a kitchen drawer. The bracket
consists of a plate with 2 holes to fit to then drawer front and a
piece at 90deg with a cam and screw hole. The latter fit into a slot
in the drawer side.

The brackets are labelled Blum ZSF.150-02 (L&R), but I can't find any
similar brackets in the local BMs. The kitchen is fairly old (15
years) but I don't want to replace the kitchen over one unit!

Help appreciated.
M.

Go to the Blum site (www.blum.com), choose UK if necessary.

Thanks :-) I should have tried them first. They say they are going
to send me some spares FOC.

M.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

wrote:

Mark wrote:
Hi,

The small metal brackets that fix the drawer front (wooden) to the
drawer body (metal) have broken on a kitchen drawer. The bracket
consists of a plate with 2 holes to fit to then drawer front and a
piece at 90deg with a cam and screw hole. The latter fit into a slot
in the drawer side.

The brackets are labelled Blum ZSF.150-02 (L&R), but I can't find any
similar brackets in the local BMs. The kitchen is fairly old (15
years) but I don't want to replace the kitchen over one unit!

Help appreciated.
M.

Go to the Blum site (www.blum.com), choose UK if necessary.

Thanks :-) I should have tried them first. They say they are going
to send me some spares FOC.

So glad I mentioned them! Glad they can help. And thanks for posting
back the result.

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hey Mark

I have broken the same thing. I need to know where you got the new
brackets from. Can you tell me what you typed in on the http://www.isaaclord.co.uk/
website.
Thanks
Plz Reaply soon
Akash
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, April 10, 2008 4:56:54 PM UTC+1, Mark wrote:
Hi,

The small metal brackets that fix the drawer front (wooden) to the
drawer body (metal) have broken on a kitchen drawer. The bracket
consists of a plate with 2 holes to fit to then drawer front and a
piece at 90deg with a cam and screw hole. The latter fit into a slot
in the drawer side.

The brackets are labelled Blum ZSF.150-02 (L&R), but I can't find any
similar brackets in the local BMs. The kitchen is fairly old (15
years) but I don't want to replace the kitchen over one unit!

Help appreciated.
M.

Hi all,
I have the same problem with a broken side drawer fixing. This is what I was advised to try from a very helpful person at Issac Lord(via email query, answered within a couple of hours)...only 88p each, plus £4.20 p & p.-
http://www.isaaclord.co.uk/productDe...106&subCat=000
Hope it helps.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Mark, sbanujje wrote:
i wrote:

Hi,
The small metal brackets that fix the drawer front (wooden) to the
drawer body (metal) have broken on a kitchen drawer. The bracket
consists of a plate with 2 holes to fit to then drawer front and a
piece at 90deg with a cam and screw hole. The latter fit into a slot
in the drawer side.
The brackets are labelled Blum ZSF.150-02 (L&R), but I can't find any
similar brackets in the local BMs. The kitchen is fairly old (15
years) but I don't want to replace the kitchen over one unit!
Help appreciated.
M.

Hi ,

If you are still looking for the ZSF.150-02 ... please note that blum has
a new part number for it. It is now ZSF.1700. You need to buy Left and
Right brackets seprately. They are available online for purchase via many
companies.

Hope this helps.

Best

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to sbanujje, fitter wrote:
sbanujje wrote:

Hi ,
If you are still looking for the ZSF.150-02 ... please note that blum has a

new
part number for it. It is now ZSF.1700. You need to buy Left and Right

brackets
seprately. They are available online for purchase via many companies.
Hope this helps.
Best

Was so happy there was a post in 2014! I couldnt find what I needed with
the one from 2008. My cabinets are from 1996 and I love them. They are a
bright white with a shine like a car at least that is the way it looks to
me! I sure didnt want to buy new cabinets either for a drawer. This site
was so awesome! I only had 1 drawer that broke but have 8 total drawers
and was worried what IF any broke again and they didnt make the part.
Getting some specially made would be pricey so i ordered 8 sets just in
case! plus the shipping is high so the hinge being so cheap it was a no
brainier for me! TY!!!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fast forward to February 2016....
I'm looking for the same replacement parts and just called BLUM Canada (1-905-670-7920) and they are still using the same replacement part numbers ZSF.150-01 and ZSF.150-02. I was advised that they would replace the broken brackets under warranty.
To complete the process I am to email them with the broken part numbers and my shipping information
I hope this is helpful to someone else encountering the same problem.
Cheers!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Mark, Y.nagar wrote:
Now it is 2017. I had the same problem. I bought the ZSF1300 (with the clips)
and it fits, too.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...er-472172-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to sbanujje, Lewi wrote:
Hoping this thread might still give answers! Would the ZSF.150-01 be
compatible with the ZSF.1700 replacement?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...er-472172-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 18 November 2019 14:44:06 UTC, Lewi wrote:
replying to sbanujje, Lewi wrote:
Hoping this thread might still give answers! Would the ZSF.150-01 be
compatible with the ZSF.1700 replacement?

Feel free to give us a clue what you're talking about.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I never saw the post so it must have gotten into my kill file some time back
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote in message
On Monday, 18 November 2019 14:44:06 UTC, Lewi wrote:
replying to sbanujje, Lewi wrote:
Hoping this thread might still give answers! Would the ZSF.150-01 be
compatible with the ZSF.1700 replacement?

Feel free to give us a clue what you're talking about.

Fixing broken bandsaw blades steamer Metalworking 13 February 7th 08 01:23 AM
Fixing broken rad bleeder Tim.. UK diy 9 January 6th 07 05:17 PM
Fixing a broken shower handle matt p Home Repair 5 November 14th 05 08:30 PM
Fixing a broken window crank toller Home Repair 9 July 21st 05 07:45 AM
Fixing broken IC legs microx Electronics Repair 7 January 24th 05 01:55 AM