Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Pull saw blades

We have a Draper pull saw, and the blade is now blunt.

https://www.toolstation.com/tri-cut-pull-saw/p17458

It's under £7 for the whole thing, but I would prefer to buy just the
blade as the handle is still good, and I'm on a mission to save the
planet! Any ideas where to find a replacement blade, please?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/11/2019 21:56, GB wrote:
We have a Draper pull saw, and the blade is now blunt.

https://www.toolstation.com/tri-cut-pull-saw/p17458

It's under £7 for the whole thing, but I would prefer to buy just the
blade as the handle is still good, and I'm on a mission to save the
planet!Â* Any ideas where to find a replacement blade, please?

Probably doesn't fit but maybe..

https://www.toolstation.com/tajima-j...ull-saw/p50362

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 18/11/2019 22:47, dennis@home wrote:
On 18/11/2019 21:56, GB wrote:
We have a Draper pull saw, and the blade is now blunt.

https://www.toolstation.com/tri-cut-pull-saw/p17458

It's under £7 for the whole thing, but I would prefer to buy just the
blade as the handle is still good, and I'm on a mission to save the
planet!Â* Any ideas where to find a replacement blade, please?

Probably doesn't fit but maybe..

https://www.toolstation.com/tajima-j...ull-saw/p50362

Those Tajima saws look classy!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"GB" wrote in message
We have a Draper pull saw, and the blade is now blunt.

https://www.toolstation.com/tri-cut-pull-saw/p17458

It's under £7 for the whole thing, but I would prefer to buy just the
blade as the handle is still good, and I'm on a mission to save the
planet! Any ideas where to find a replacement blade, please?

Why dont you try sharpening it

-

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/11/2019 21:56, GB wrote:
We have a Draper pull saw, and the blade is now blunt.

https://www.toolstation.com/tri-cut-pull-saw/p17458

It's under £7 for the whole thing, but I would prefer to buy just the
blade as the handle is still good, and I'm on a mission to save the
planet!Â* Any ideas where to find a replacement blade, please?

A little bit tougher on the pocket, but Dozuki saws are the dog's danglies.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/11/2019 16:47, Mark wrote:
"GB" wrote in message
We have a Draper pull saw, and the blade is now blunt.

https://www.toolstation.com/tri-cut-pull-saw/p17458

It's under £7 for the whole thing, but I would prefer to buy just the
blade as the handle is still good, and I'm on a mission to save the
planet! Any ideas where to find a replacement blade, please?

Why dont you try sharpening it

-

Even I wouldn't bother sharpening a blade that costs less than seven
quid, I do sharpen Silky blades as they can be over £60 and I use a
cheap diamond feather edge file.

AJH
Posted to uk.d-i-y

AJH wrote:

On 19/11/2019 16:47, Mark wrote:
"GB" wrote in message
We have a Draper pull saw, and the blade is now blunt.

and I'm on a mission to save the
planet!

Why dont you try sharpening it

Even I wouldn't bother sharpening a blade that costs less than seven
quid, I do sharpen Silky blades as they can be over £60 and I use a
cheap diamond feather edge file.

AJH

and i just like making thinks work again rather then throwing them in the bin

-
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/11/2019 23:40:37, Mark wrote:
AJH wrote:

On 19/11/2019 16:47, Mark wrote:
"GB" wrote in message
We have a Draper pull saw, and the blade is now blunt.

and I'm on a mission to save the
planet!

Why dont you try sharpening it

Even I wouldn't bother sharpening a blade that costs less than seven
quid, I do sharpen Silky blades as they can be over £60 and I use a
cheap diamond feather edge file.

AJH

and i just like making thinks work again rather then throwing them in the bin

It can be less time to sharpen a blade than the travelling time to buy a
new one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/11/2019 23:40, Mark wrote:
AJH wrote:

On 19/11/2019 16:47, Mark wrote:
"GB" wrote in message
We have a Draper pull saw, and the blade is now blunt.

and I'm on a mission to save the
planet!

Why dont you try sharpening it

Even I wouldn't bother sharpening a blade that costs less than seven
quid, I do sharpen Silky blades as they can be over £60 and I use a
cheap diamond feather edge file.

AJH

and i just like making thinks work again rather then throwing them in the bin

-

Fine, so do I but that one is not one I would do.

If the OP wants to try it then as I said he will need a diamond file as
these saws are induction hardened. The hardening is not very deep so you
cannot do much.

Many moons ago I enquired here about DIY induction hardening and got
some pointers to cheap MOSFET devices but decided against building one
because I doubted I could control the uniformity as I pulled the teeh
through the heating zone.

AJH
Posted to uk.d-i-y

AJH wrote:

On 19/11/2019 23:40, Mark wrote:
AJH wrote:

On 19/11/2019 16:47, Mark wrote:
"GB" wrote in message
We have a Draper pull saw, and the blade is now blunt.

and I'm on a mission to save the
planet!

Why dont you try sharpening it

Even I wouldn't bother sharpening a blade that costs less than seven
quid, I do sharpen Silky blades as they can be over £60 and I use a
cheap diamond feather edge file.

AJH

and i just like making thinks work again rather then throwing them in the bin

-

Fine, so do I but that one is not one I would do.

If the OP wants to try it then as I said he will need a diamond file

all you need is a dremel and small grinding cutoff wheel, and good eye sight
the cheaper ones are not hardened to any great degree

-

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 18 November 2019 21:56:57 UTC, GB wrote:
We have a Draper pull saw, and the blade is now blunt.

https://www.toolstation.com/tri-cut-pull-saw/p17458

It's under £7 for the whole thing, but I would prefer to buy just the
blade as the handle is still good, and I'm on a mission to save the
planet! Any ideas where to find a replacement blade, please?

A quick sharpen is easy & quick. Why spend time getting a new one?

NT