Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Aluminium heat exchanger

I'm about to get a replacement boiler but have heard conflicting
reports about aluminium heat exchangers. I can't find anything
substantive on the net though

Has anybody got any concrete info or opinion on this?

thanks
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 13:00:49 -0700, Andrew wrote:

I'm about to get a replacement boiler but have heard conflicting
reports about aluminium heat exchangers. I can't find anything
substantive on the net though

Has anybody got any concrete info or opinion on this?

Opinion: Worcester Bosch use them and they've so far got an untarnished
reputation for the reliability and service backup of their kit (AFAIK).
Admittedly their condensing offerings - like that of most other major
players - is relatively new so they may turn out to be a lemon 5 or 10
years down the line, but one would hope they wouldn't then do a Potterton
on owners of their boilers.

--
John Stumbles

What is a simile like?