Posted to uk.d-i-y
GC GC is offline

Default Help: Soil Connection Options for Under Stairs Macerator (Soil Stack/ Manhole)

Hi, I am hoping for some information on connecting an understairs
macerator (I have the option of 32mm or 22mm waste pipe). As
background I have a cast iron soil stack with a close to ground level
boss for the kitchen sink waste (ie. probably close to the minimum
distance from the radiused rest bend underground).

As such the macerator connection boss would need to be positioned
above this boss but I would prefer not to have any rise in the
macerator waste pipe if I can help it (in case I need to disconnect
the pipework for maintenance) - connecting above the current kitchen
sink waste boss will cause such a rise.

Q1. I do have a manhole cover in my back yard - removing this reveals
a chamber approx 1.5m deep with a gully at the base. Can I run 32mm or
22mm plastic from the macerator under the floor, through the wall,
across the yard and terminate through the wall of the manhole,
directly discharging into the manhole? **See note at base from
Saniflow's website which mentions connection at 'invert' level (I was
unable to find the reference 87/1889 mentioned on the site). I could
find no mention of manhole connection on Sanisplit's web site.

Q2. I noticed Wickes has an info sheet on one of their macerators
(link below) - in the final picture, the waste connection from the
basement implies a connection to the underground soil pipework - I'm
assuming this is just an oversimplification rather than suggesting the
possibility of such a connection. Can anyone clarify?

http://www.wickes.co.uk/content/ebiz...es/gil/101.pdf

N.B I realise that a 110mm connection from the understairs to the
drainage system would be the best solution but this would cause major
trauma to the house as there is little space under the floor boards.

**From Saniflow's website: 'A Saniflo is normally discharged into a
soil and vent pipe or discharge stack. However, it is possible to
connect directly into the sewer at invert level. The discharge pipe
should discharge into the gulley in the direction of flow. Entry can
be through the wall of the manhole. which should be sealed to ensure a
watertight joint. Pipes should be suitable for use under ground and
protected against frost and also against subsidance from the effect of
vehicles passing above. Full details are available on Saniflo BBA
certificate 87/1889 detail sheet 9. (which can be viewed on the
website).';

Any advice gratefully received - thanks in advance!

soil stack. [email protected] UK diy 6 August 30th 06 01:43 AM
Drilling Soil Stack Rob Convery UK diy 7 November 22nd 05 12:57 PM
soil stack ANDREW LENWEY UK diy 1 October 23rd 05 09:32 AM
Soil stack? Stinkoman UK diy 4 April 10th 05 02:45 PM
soil stack karla Home Repair 1 February 2nd 05 01:41 AM