Richard

Default garage roof felt

My neighbour and I have had our garage roof re-felted. It's (obviously) a
flat roof with the slope front to back. I'm happy with the work, but
neighbour asked whether felt strips should run front to back (with slope,
as has been done) or side to side? Any please care to voice an opinion?
Many thanks,
--
Richard
remove my name to reply
BigWallop

"Richard" wrote in message
My neighbour and I have had our garage roof re-felted. It's (obviously) a
flat roof with the slope front to back. I'm happy with the work, but
neighbour asked whether felt strips should run front to back (with slope,
as has been done) or side to side? Any please care to voice an opinion?
Many thanks,
--
Richard
remove my name to reply

Hi Richard,

There is no hard and fast rules on this. As long as it does the job right,
then it's OK by me. If it were a case of it flapping about in the wind or
leaking every time it rained, then I'd be furious.

---
BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

rob w

Richard wrote in message . 4...
My neighbour and I have had our garage roof re-felted. It's (obviously) a
flat roof with the slope front to back. I'm happy with the work, but
neighbour asked whether felt strips should run front to back (with slope,
as has been done) or side to side? Any please care to voice an opinion?
Many thanks,

Richard
It should be laid from the lowest point the back, to the highest point
the front.
so that any water running down the roof flows over the seam and on to
the other sheet.All seams should be sealed with either hot pitch or
glue.
The under felt should be laid at 90 degrees ie side to side.Rob
BillR

Richard wrote:
My neighbour and I have had our garage roof re-felted. It's
(obviously) a flat roof with the slope front to back. I'm happy with
the work, but neighbour asked whether felt strips should run front to
back (with slope, as has been done) or side to side? Any please care
to voice an opinion? Many thanks,

Sounds like its been done the wrong way to me.

Old garage needs a clean Davide UK diy 5 July 8th 03 08:50 PM
leaky roof fix no_spam UK diy 1 July 5th 03 10:03 PM
Raising the roof David @nospam.cod UK diy 11 July 5th 03 03:58 PM
leaky roof fix no_spam UK diy 1 July 5th 03 03:46 PM
leaky roof fix no_spam UK diy 0 July 5th 03 09:05 AM