Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Spraying kitche cupboard doors

I thought I might have a go at spraying the doors of my kitchen
cupboards as I have a compressor.

I would like to find a book or web site that gives you the howto etc

does anyone know of a good source of info.

Chris
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
wrote:
I thought I might have a go at spraying the doors of my kitchen
cupboards as I have a compressor.

I would like to find a book or web site that gives you the howto etc

does anyone know of a good source of info.

Principles are the same as car bodywork spraying. You'll be spoilt for
choice if you search on paint spraying.

The best DIY spray paint is cellulose. It's getting more difficult to find
but is available to order. From an automotive paint supplier or large
motor factor.

--
*The more I learn about women, the more I love my car

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
wrote:
I thought I might have a go at spraying the doors of my kitchen
cupboards as I have a compressor.

I would like to find a book or web site that gives you the howto etc

does anyone know of a good source of info.

Principles are the same as car bodywork spraying. You'll be spoilt for
choice if you search on paint spraying.

The best DIY spray paint is cellulose. It's getting more difficult to find
but is available to order. From an automotive paint supplier or large
motor factor.

Nah. Cellulose is a pig on wood/chipboard as the flex in the panels makes
the stuff craze sometimes

Water based acrylic in the colour you like over the top of a suitable
preparatory basecoat.

There is a melamine surface paint that adheres very well.
Rub down *very* lightly between 2 or 3 coats and finish off the top coat
with wire wool then finish with your colour choice.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
RW wrote:
The best DIY spray paint is cellulose. It's getting more difficult to
find but is available to order. From an automotive paint supplier or
large motor factor.

Nah. Cellulose is a pig on wood/chipboard as the flex in the panels
makes the stuff craze sometimes

Maybe - but it was used for many many years with success. If it's crazing
that's due to poor technique. Most likely not letting the primer dry
fully. And as I said it's suitable for home spraying - unlike most more
modern alternatives.

--
*Whatever kind of look you were going for, you missed.

MDF Cupboard Doors GB UK diy 10 July 3rd 07 12:46 AM
Source of cupboard doors Neil Drage UK diy 6 September 21st 06 07:31 PM
Cupboard doors [email protected] UK diy 1 September 21st 05 08:58 PM
cupboard doors Tim Lamb UK diy 0 May 7th 05 09:26 PM
Trim for cupboard doors? CathyLee Home Repair 3 October 26th 04 02:53 PM