Yale Mortice Lock

Old February 28th 08, 05:02 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Yale Mortice Lock

A spring has broken in my back door 5 lever Yale Mortice lock. Not quite
terminal but can cause problems - the spring is there to locate a disc in
the right position to allow the key to be inserted. Without the spring the
keyhole is sometimes blocked.

Does anyone know of a source of replacement parts?

John

Old February 28th 08, 05:11 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 17:02:40 GMT John wrote :
A spring has broken in my back door 5 lever Yale Mortice lock. Not quite
terminal but can cause problems - the spring is there to locate a disc in
the right position to allow the key to be inserted. Without the spring the
keyhole is sometimes blocked.

Does anyone know of a source of replacement parts?

A good locksmith probably has a drawer full of spares - mine does

Old February 28th 08, 09:08 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tony Bryer" wrote in message
On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 17:02:40 GMT John wrote :
A spring has broken in my back door 5 lever Yale Mortice lock. Not quite
terminal but can cause problems - the spring is there to locate a disc in
the right position to allow the key to be inserted. Without the spring
the
keyhole is sometimes blocked.

Does anyone know of a source of replacement parts?

A good locksmith probably has a drawer full of spares - mine does

Amazed - I found the packaging in the garage and it has a 15 year guarantee
so I have e-mailed Yale. I am dead chuffed. I had put the old original 3
lever in the packaging for the replacement 5 lever when I upgraded the
locks.

Mortice lock removal chudford UK diy 32 January 2nd 08 01:26 PM
Which Yale lock? Lobster UK diy 18 July 21st 06 06:39 PM
Replace Yale lock wothout a key [email protected] UK diy 31 April 25th 06 05:11 PM
Key broken off in Yale patio door lock... How to fix? [email protected] Home Repair 16 May 6th 05 05:06 PM