Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Insulation to cavity wall query

Hi all,
I'm having a conservatory built on the side of my house and the lads have
been and built the base & dwarf walls, we are now awaiting delivery of the
conservatory which should be in a couple of weeks.
The walls are brick outside and Celcon/Thermalite inside and are 600mm high
with one side wall full height and a 50mm cavity.
It looks like a tidy job they have done but I have noticed that there is no
insulation in the cavity, is this not really needed or will it make a
difference to the comfort levels in winter if it is insulated.
I realise that it would be a little tricky to add batts now due to fiddling
around the wall ties but I'd rather do it now than regret it later.
Any input greatly appreciated,
Thanks,
Franko.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Franko wrote:
Hi all,
I'm having a conservatory built on the side of my house and the lads
have been and built the base & dwarf walls, we are now awaiting
delivery of the conservatory which should be in a couple of weeks.
The walls are brick outside and Celcon/Thermalite inside and are
600mm high with one side wall full height and a 50mm cavity.
It looks like a tidy job they have done but I have noticed that there
is no insulation in the cavity, is this not really needed or will it
make a difference to the comfort levels in winter if it is insulated.
I realise that it would be a little tricky to add batts now due to
fiddling around the wall ties but I'd rather do it now than regret it
later. Any input greatly appreciated,
Thanks,
Franko.

It's pointless insulating the walls when the roof is made of half inch
plastic and there's no insulation under the floor, which is why no one
bothers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Phil L" wrote in message
Franko wrote:
[...]

It's a glass roof - if that makes any difference.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Franko wrote:

It's a glass roof - if that makes any difference.

It doesn't - either way it's still got close to zero insulation value

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Phil L" wrote in message
Franko wrote:

It's a glass roof - if that makes any difference.

It doesn't - either way it's still got close to zero insulation value

Brrrrr! Cheers Phil, good job I'm having a door between it and the house -
not too worried now that spring is almost here but got to think about the
next winter
Thanks,
Franko.

cavity wall insulation Mark UK diy 15 September 1st 06 11:04 AM
cavity wall insulation - interior wall ? completed now Pete Cross UK diy 2 May 12th 06 12:40 PM
Cavity wall insulation doozer UK diy 7 November 16th 05 05:13 PM
cavity wall insulation Dave Martin UK diy 5 September 20th 05 07:33 PM
Cavity wall insulation Kalico UK diy 11 August 12th 05 02:02 AM