Senior Member

Default Boiler Flue staining

I have at home, in the garage, two gas boilers that vent outside to the street.

They work fine and heating is good in the house.

One small thing that I would like to fix:

On the outside wall, around one of the flue exhaust holes there are plenty of brown stains that spoil a large area of the white wall.

There are no marks around the other flue exhaust hole.

The stains are kind of brown or iron oxidized colour. They are like drops that when carried by the wind leave elongated stains of a radial pattern around the lower half area of the hole.

These stains are very very difficult to remove or clean. I have had to paint the wall twice because of them.

The Corgi engineer inspected the boilers and flues and gave them a resounding seal of approval, although at the time the wall was recently painted and nobody mentioned the staining issue.

I am guessing that one of the boilers is not burning the gas well and the stains is some kind of residue.

It could also be some rust of the metal parts on the ouside wall around the flue exhaust. There is indeed some metal oxidation there but is small.

Any ideas of what it could be and how to fix it?

Many thanks,

Antonio

boiler flue dilemma Fred UK diy 1 January 25th 08 09:13 PM
Gas boiler/fire flue Kev UK diy 0 October 10th 06 05:44 PM
Kitchen Extractor Fan Flue Location & boiler Flue location [email protected] UK diy 7 June 9th 05 11:44 PM
boiler/ flue noise Jim Walsh UK diy 2 November 25th 04 12:32 AM
Why can't I extend my boiler flue? Richard J. UK diy 6 August 23rd 04 10:49 PM