Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A story unfolds Aaaaaaaaaagh!

I'm having Double glazing put in on this property I'm renting,the council
are footing the bill.
However the landlord has an property managment agent to manage the running
of the property.

In june of last year 2007 I handed the form into the property managment
agents in which I had to wait two weeks for any development as the surveyor
was on holiday.

November came and no contact was made with me over the what was going on so
contacted the surveyor and he informed me that the landlord gave the consent
to have the work done and we arranged a time for him to come out and inspect
the windows to see what needed doing.

He came and went,december the council came out to inspect the same thing and
that was that.

Got the bloke from the council that came out in december knocking on me door
this morning and was informed that all the proposed work was passed and he
was still waiting on the form that got passed into the agents in June of
2007 as this was a signed agreement and the work could not go ahead until he
had that form on his desk

Aggggggggggggh! I cannot believe that this piece of paper brings everything
to a standstill just because some council worker has not bothered to inform
the surveyor that he has not recieved a form back or the surveyor has not
informed the landlord to send it back to him or the council.

Seven months and not even past the bloody gate.

Anyone got a gun to lend me.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"George" wrote in message
.. .
I'm having Double glazing put in on this property I'm renting,the council
are footing the bill.
However the landlord has an property managment agent to manage the running
of the property.

Doesn't answer your question but, if you are renting from a (private)
landlord, how come the Council are footing the bill? I only ask as I am
also a landlord and I wonder if I am missing something!

Cheers

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John" wrote in message

"George" wrote in message
.. .
I'm having Double glazing put in on this property I'm renting,the

council
are footing the bill.
However the landlord has an property managment agent to manage the

running
of the property.

Doesn't answer your question but, if you are renting from a (private)
landlord, how come the Council are footing the bill? I only ask as I am
also a landlord and I wonder if I am missing something!

Cheers

John

"I wonder if I am missing something!" Regenaration area. ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Aggggggggggggh! I cannot believe that this piece of paper brings everything
to a standstill just because some council worker has not bothered to inform
the surveyor that he has not recieved a form back or the surveyor has not
informed the landlord to send it back to him or the council.

I'm missing something here, i'm sure...

You're blaming someone at the council for your surveyor and / or
managing agent not doing their bit ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Colin Wilson" o.uk wrote
in message t...
Aggggggggggggh! I cannot believe that this piece of paper brings

everything
to a standstill just because some council worker has not bothered to

inform
the surveyor that he has not recieved a form back or the surveyor has

not
informed the landlord to send it back to him or the council.

I'm missing something here, i'm sure...

You're blaming someone at the council for your surveyor and / or
managing agent not doing their bit ?

Well Ive had time to calm down and I can now inform that according to the
surveyor he sent? a copy of the form back in august 2007 apparently the form
got lost and he had to fax another? copy to the council blokey.
The council blokey informed me today that he hasnt recieved the form.

Would that get you in a ruffle and punch the door? :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Well Ive had time to calm down and I can now inform that according to the
surveyor he sent? a copy of the form back in august 2007 apparently the form
got lost and he had to fax another? copy to the council blokey.
The council blokey informed me today that he hasnt recieved the form.
Would that get you in a ruffle and punch the door? :-)

No, i'd still aim at the surveyor for not confirming it had been
received.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 23:22:01 -0000 someone who may be Colin Wilson
o.uk wrote this:-

No, i'd still aim at the surveyor for not confirming it had been
received.

Many people's experience is that trying to get council officials to
confirm anything is very difficult.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh