Shower pump not working

Old January 29th 08, 09:35 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Shower pump not working

Morning everyone

I have a pump connected to the hot water tank in my basement to serve
the shower in my ground floor flat. This morning the shower stopped
abruptly after about 5 seconds. I turned it off, left it a couple of
minutes, then tried again. This time the water flow lasted about a
second and a half before I heard a "clack" sound in the system/pipes
and the shower stopped. Thinking it could be a hot water issue, I put
the shower on its coldest setting and tried again - but with the same
results. Has anyone any experience in this?

Any ideas/advice etc would be gratefully received.

Many thanks for reading,

Guy
Old January 29th 08, 04:20 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29 Jan, 10:59, wrote:
On 29 Jan, *
* * wrote:

I have a pump connected to the hot water tank in my basement to serve
the shower in my ground floor flat. This morning the shower stopped
abruptly after about 5 seconds. I turned it off, left it a couple of
minutes, then tried again. This time the water flow lasted about a
second and a half before I heard a "clack" sound in the system/pipes
and the shower stopped. Thinking it could be a hot water issue, I put
the shower on its coldest setting and tried again - but with the same
results. Has anyone any experience in this?

Is there a feed of hot and *cold* to the mixer valve? If one is missing they
often shut off the other to prevent scalding (or a cold shower!).

--
* B Thumbs
* Change lycos to yahoo to reply

There is also a flow sensing device on the hot and cold outlets on
mine. Once you open the shower tap, a small unpumped flow is detected
which switches the pump on. You can adjust the sensitivity of these
devices.

I also once had difficulty because there was an air lock in the system.