Posted to uk.d-i-y
555 555 is offline

Default So that's what all this green stuff is about

Britain 'facing energy shortfall'

Sounds like the real reason they want us all to use electric
candles in place of proper lamps and all this other green
nonsense. Should have built those nuclear stations a long
time ago like France.

Love the pictures too - scary b/w picture of a nuclear control
room and bright colourful picture of windmills and happy
children. Never mind the facts, let's have a beauty contest.

--
Bye bye
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-01-27 09:08:06 +0000, 555 said:

Britain 'facing energy shortfall'

Sounds like the real reason they want us all to use electric
candles in place of proper lamps and all this other green
nonsense. Should have built those nuclear stations a long
time ago like France.

Love the pictures too - scary b/w picture of a nuclear control
room and bright colourful picture of windmills and happy
children. Never mind the facts, let's have a beauty contest.

Fortunately all is not lost. It appears that the Isle of Lewis
windfarm project is about to get knocked on the head.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 09:08:06 GMT, 555 wrote:

Britain 'facing energy shortfall'

Sounds like the real reason they want us all to use electric
candles in place of proper lamps and all this other green
nonsense. Should have built those nuclear stations a long
time ago like France.

Love the pictures too - scary b/w picture of a nuclear control
room and bright colourful picture of windmills and happy
children. Never mind the facts, let's have a beauty contest.

And yet we need more people and more homes. B****y politicians !

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

555 wrote:

Britain 'facing energy shortfall'

Sounds like the real reason they want us all to use electric
candles in place of proper lamps and all this other green
nonsense. Should have built those nuclear stations a long
time ago like France.

Love the pictures too - scary b/w picture of a nuclear control
room and bright colourful picture of windmills and happy
children. Never mind the facts, let's have a beauty contest.

Trouble is most of the population won't spot that sort of thing, but will be
influenced by it.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
555 wrote:

Britain 'facing energy shortfall'

Sounds like the real reason they want us all to use electric
candles in place of proper lamps and all this other green
nonsense. Should have built those nuclear stations a long
time ago like France.

Love the pictures too - scary b/w picture of a nuclear control
room and bright colourful picture of windmills and happy
children. Never mind the facts, let's have a beauty contest.

Trouble is most of the population won't spot that sort of thing, but
will be influenced by it.

Perhaps they should learn to read then and not just look at the pretty
pictures.

--
*Virtual reality is its own reward*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
Trouble is most of the population won't spot that sort of thing, but
will be influenced by it.

Perhaps they should learn to read then and not just look at the pretty
pictures.

I took my Maths for Comp Sci exam on acid.
All the letters were pretty pictures of houses. ;-)

--
Si
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message 479c6854@qaanaaq, Andy Hall writes
On 2008-01-27 10:35:56 +0000, Si $3o&m said:
In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
Trouble is most of the population won't spot that sort of thing, but
will be influenced by it.
Perhaps they should learn to read then and not just look at the
pretty pictures.

I took my Maths for Comp Sci exam on acid.
All the letters were pretty pictures of houses. ;-)

Did you pass?

I received a higher mark than I expected... 5%. This was excellent
considering I spent most of the time practising writing my name and the
rest watching the sun idly filter through the leaves on the trees
outside the windows.

--
Si

(It *is* the w-e isn't it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I took my Maths for Comp Sci exam on acid.
All the letters were pretty pictures of houses. ;-)

Did you pass?

I received a higher mark than I expected... 5%. This was excellent
considering I spent most of the time practising writing my name and the
rest watching the sun idly filter through the leaves on the trees outside
the windows.

--
Si

Our school maths teacher, when someone gave an incorrect answer, would often
remark that they 'might as well be out in the field picking daisies'...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-01-27 10:35:56 +0000, Si $3o&m said:
In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
Trouble is most of the population won't spot that sort of thing, but
will be influenced by it.
Perhaps they should learn to read then and not just look at the
pretty pictures.
I took my Maths for Comp Sci exam on acid.
All the letters were pretty pictures of houses. ;-)

Did you pass?

I received a higher mark than I expected... 5%. This was excellent
considering I spent most of the time practising writing my name and the
rest watching the sun idly filter through the leaves on the trees
outside the windows.

Wait till your sunday afternoon pleasures unexpectedly extend into
Monday morining, and the first thing you meet when you get to work is a
emergency project meeting in a room full of venetian blinds..;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-01-27 10:35:56 +0000, Si $3o&m said:
In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
Trouble is most of the population won't spot that sort of thing, but
will be influenced by it.
Perhaps they should learn to read then and not just look at the pretty
pictures.
I took my Maths for Comp Sci exam on acid.
All the letters were pretty pictures of houses. ;-)

Did you pass?

I received a higher mark than I expected... 5%. This was excellent
considering I spent most of the time practising writing my name and the
rest watching the sun idly filter through the leaves on the trees outside
the windows.

--
Si

You should have done media studies not Maths. You get 10% for getting your
name right in a media studies exam with the other 90% made up from course
work (ie a good attendance record and watching television).

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Natural
Philosopher writes
On 2008-01-27 10:35:56 +0000, Si $3o&m said:
In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
Trouble is most of the population won't spot that sort of thing, but
will be influenced by it.
Perhaps they should learn to read then and not just look at the
pretty pictures.
I took my Maths for Comp Sci exam on acid.
All the letters were pretty pictures of houses. ;-)

Did you pass?

I received a higher mark than I expected... 5%. This was excellent
considering I spent most of the time practising writing my name and
the rest watching the sun idly filter through the leaves on the trees
outside the windows.

Wait till your sunday afternoon pleasures unexpectedly extend into
Monday morining, and the first thing you meet when you get to work is a
emergency project meeting in a room full of venetian blinds..;-)

Before I respond could someone tell the water cooler to stop flirting
with me please.

--
Si

(In fact I left such dubious pleasures behind over a quarter of a century ago
but remember them mostly (sic) fondly. In a few years time, once retired and
without responsibilities again, I might play tho. :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 09:48:16 +0000, Andy Cap
wrote:

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 09:08:06 GMT, 555 wrote:

Britain 'facing energy shortfall'

Sounds like the real reason they want us all to use electric
candles in place of proper lamps and all this other green
nonsense. Should have built those nuclear stations a long
time ago like France.

Love the pictures too - scary b/w picture of a nuclear control
room and bright colourful picture of windmills and happy
children. Never mind the facts, let's have a beauty contest.

And yet we need more people and more homes. B****y politicians !

Andy

It's the aging demographics that mess things up. Until the elderley
have no voting rights there's no solution. They're the ones more
likely to vote too.
Can you make energy from soylent green?
--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk

dbx/ hx pro stuff [email protected] Electronics Repair 6 June 16th 07 04:31 PM
FS in Alachua/Gainesville FL: huge volume shop stuff, tools supplieshardwares, other "guy stuff", 1, some, or all - PICKUP preferred dave Woodworking 0 January 30th 07 04:31 PM
FS - Stuff in MA Al A. Metalworking 0 May 21st 06 11:50 PM
green stuff coming out of copper piping connectors? [email protected] Home Repair 11 January 15th 05 08:45 PM
FS: Green & Green book Rick Stein Woodworking 2 October 11th 03 03:59 AM