Radiator Brackets

Old January 1st 08, 09:28 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Radiator Brackets

hello all and happy new year

When fitting radiator brackets which it the correct way of fitting the
brackets. Is it better to fit them with the wide side against the wall or is
it better to fit them with the narrow side. It would seem to me the narrow
side as to have a bigger gap between the wall and the radiator.

many thanks

Andy

Old January 1st 08, 09:51 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 1 Jan, 21:28, "Andy" wrote:

When fitting radiator brackets which it the correct way of fitting the
brackets. Is it better to fit them with the wide side against the wall or is
it better to fit them with the narrow side. It would seem to me the narrow
side as to have a bigger gap between the wall and the radiator.

I am sure someone will disagree, but I think the brackets are designed
this way to give you the choice over how big a gap to leave.
Tim
Old January 1st 08, 09:53 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy wrote:
hello all and happy new year

When fitting radiator brackets which it the correct way of fitting the
brackets. Is it better to fit them with the wide side against the wall or is
it better to fit them with the narrow side. It would seem to me the narrow
side as to have a bigger gap between the wall and the radiator.

The reason they have different side lengths is so you can choose
depending on your situation.

--
Grunff
Old January 1st 08, 10:00 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"Grunff" wrote in message
Andy wrote:
hello all and happy new year

When fitting radiator brackets which it the correct way of fitting the
brackets. Is it better to fit them with the wide side against the wall or
is it better to fit them with the narrow side. It would seem to me the
narrow side as to have a bigger gap between the wall and the radiator.

The reason they have different side lengths is so you can choose depending
on your situation.

--
Grunff

Is it a hang over from finned and non-finned radiators?

Old January 1st 08, 11:15 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:
"Grunff" wrote in message
Andy wrote:
hello all and happy new year

When fitting radiator brackets which it the correct way of fitting the
brackets. Is it better to fit them with the wide side against the wall or
is it better to fit them with the narrow side. It would seem to me the
narrow side as to have a bigger gap between the wall and the radiator.

The reason they have different side lengths is so you can choose depending
on your situation.

--
Grunff

Is it a hang over from finned and non-finned radiators?

I am sure you will get better convection and therefore higher output if
the gap from the wall is greatest - especially with big skirting boards.

However in some situations minimising thickness is preferable.
Old January 2nd 08, 12:58 AM posted to uk.d-i-y
dg

I am sure you will get better convection and therefore higher output if
the gap from the wall is greatest - especially with big skirting boards.

However in some situations minimising thickness is preferable.

If you need to tuck curtains behind the radiator, then remember to
fit the brackets so that there is a wide gap to the wall.

To avoid having to try and get behind the rad to decorate, then have a
narrow gap

dg
Old January 2nd 08, 05:27 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"John" wrote in message

"Grunff" wrote in message
Andy wrote:
hello all and happy new year

When fitting radiator brackets which it the correct way of fitting the
brackets. Is it better to fit them with the wide side against the wall
or is it better to fit them with the narrow side. It would seem to me
the narrow side as to have a bigger gap between the wall and the
radiator.

The reason they have different side lengths is so you can choose
depending on your situation.

--
Grunff

Is it a hang over from finned and non-finned radiators?

I have always used the wider gap for single rads and the narrower one for
double rads, unless there were space considerations that dictated otherwise.

Colin Bignell

Old January 2nd 08, 07:26 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"nightjar .me.uk" cpb@insert my surname here wrote in message

Thanks for all who replied many thanks

--
regards