Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tiling on new plaster surface

As part of the bathroom refit I had the room replastered ( several weeks ago
so I am happy it has dried out )

I will shortly be fixing the part tiling. ( ceramic 250 mm x 330 mm x 8mm)
..

I presume that the virgin plaster will require some sort of treatment prior
to the tile fixing.
PVA ? what strength.

Sorry I should have asked the plasterer.

Thanks

Richard

Posted to uk.d-i-y

.

I presume that the virgin plaster will require some sort of treatment prior
to the tile fixing.

No.

PVA ? what strength.

Its up to you if you seal it. It merely makes the tiles slide down the
wall instead of grabbing.

Sorry I should have asked the plasterer.

Thanks

Richard

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29 Dec, 20:12, "Jack Fate" wrote:
As part of the bathroom refit I had the room replastered ( several weeks ago
so I am happy it has *dried out )

I will shortly be fixing the part *tiling. ( ceramic 250 mm x 330 mm x 8mm)
.

I presume that the virgin plaster will require some sort of treatment prior
to the tile fixing.
PVA ? what strength.

Sorry I should have asked the plasterer.

Thanks

Richard

Follow the instructions on the tile adhesive pack.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 20:12:03 -0000, "Jack Fate"
wrote:

As part of the bathroom refit I had the room replastered ( several weeks ago
so I am happy it has dried out )

I will shortly be fixing the part tiling. ( ceramic 250 mm x 330 mm x 8mm)
.

I presume that the virgin plaster will require some sort of treatment prior
to the tile fixing.
PVA ? what strength.

If part of the tiled area will be used for a shower then I would say
it is important to waterproof the plaster before tiling.

M.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

As part of the bathroom refit I had the room replastered ( several weeks ago
so I am happy it has dried out )

I will shortly be fixing the part tiling. ( ceramic 250 mm x 330 mm x 8mm)
.

I presume that the virgin plaster will require some sort of treatment prior
to the tile fixing.
PVA ? what strength.

If part of the tiled area will be used for a shower then I would say
it is important to waterproof the plaster before tiling.

M.

I would say it isn't, and I never did, and there are zero problems.

A long as the gruout in the tiles is proper stuff no water gets behind
the tiles.

tiling onto new plaster Tim Decker UK diy 8 December 19th 07 10:28 AM
Tiling over plaster perky UK diy 3 August 22nd 07 12:27 AM
Preparing surface for tiling Rob Horton UK diy 2 March 4th 07 11:40 AM
Tiling - New Plaster Hywel Jenkins UK diy 1 May 14th 05 08:26 PM
Tiling over new plaster Nodge UK diy 2 August 28th 04 10:19 PM