Christian McArdle

Default Central Heating Inhibitor

What's the simplest way to go about this. Any particular recommendations
as
to different inhibitors.

Modern boilers will need something compatible with aluminium. I've used
Sentinel X100 in the past. I'm sure there are many more for you to choose
from if you prefer.

The problem with sealed systems is getting the stuff in there. Injection
syringes are expensive and can be messy. I tend to install an inhibitor
filling point. This is a short length of vertical pipe and an isolation
valve not at the bottom of the system. Just drain to well below the filling
point, open the valve and pour whatever chemicals you like in. Don't forget
to close the valve.

Christian.

Phöènix

I need to replace the inhibitor in my system. Decorating has seen most of
the inhibitor flushed away.

What's the simplest way to go about this. Any particular recommendations as
to different inhibitors.

It is a closed system off a combi boiler.

Thanks jk

Jon

"Phöènix" not@work wrote in message
.. .
I need to replace the inhibitor in my system. Decorating has seen most of
the inhibitor flushed away.

What's the simplest way to go about this. Any particular recommendations

as
to different inhibitors.

It is a closed system off a combi boiler.

Thanks jk

Try closing off a radiator and injecting the mastic type stuff in through
the radiator bleed point. You'll have to catch the displaced water unless
you've got some thin windscreen washer type tubing handy.
Jon

Jeff

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
et...
What's the simplest way to go about this. Any particular recommendations

as
to different inhibitors.

Modern boilers will need something compatible with aluminium. I've used
Sentinel X100 in the past. I'm sure there are many more for you to choose
from if you prefer.

This is what my plumber recommended I use when I've finished moving
radiators around (BTW the cheapest place I found for X100 is Screwfix).

As for getting the stuff into the system, I'm installing a towel warmer in
the bathroom and he informed that unscrewing one of the valves in the top
and using a funnel is the cheapest and easiest solution.

HTH

Jeff

Phöènix

"Jeff" wrote in message

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
et...
What's the simplest way to go about this. Any particular

recommendations
as
to different inhibitors.

Modern boilers will need something compatible with aluminium. I've used
Sentinel X100 in the past. I'm sure there are many more for you to

choose
from if you prefer.

This is what my plumber recommended I use when I've finished moving
radiators around (BTW the cheapest place I found for X100 is Screwfix).

As for getting the stuff into the system, I'm installing a towel warmer in
the bathroom and he informed that unscrewing one of the valves in the top
and using a funnel is the cheapest and easiest solution.

HTH

Jeff

Thanks for the ifo guys