Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Shower choice - electric in roof space

Sorry to bother again - had some good responses to question on venturi
showers and some comments about electric ones.

Off to see the house tonight and I have started to think Electric - mounted
in roof space. A neighbour has one - but it is a very expensive bells and
whistles one. The location of the heater unit seems to make good sense to me
as I don't need to think about neat piping or wiring. I could just tee off
the cold feed to the loft water tank and (hopefully) find a good route for a
suitable cable. (I would get an electrician to complete the wiring)
Question: Any suggestions for such a loft mounted electric shower? I haven't
seen any (apart from my neighbours) - but then they wouldn't look very
attractive on a display I suppose. Any ideas why the range seems so
limited - given that most bathrooms have roofspace above?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27 Nov, 11:28, "John" wrote:
Sorry to bother again - had some good responses to question on venturi
showers and some comments about electric ones.

Off to see the house tonight and I have started to think Electric - mounted
in roof space. A neighbour has one - but it is a very expensive bells and
whistles one. The location of the heater unit seems to make good sense to me
as I don't need to think about neat piping or wiring. I could just tee off
the cold feed to the loft water tank and (hopefully) find a good route for a
suitable cable. (I would get an electrician to complete the wiring)
Question: Any suggestions for such a loft mounted electric shower? I haven't
seen any (apart from my neighbours) - but then they wouldn't look very
attractive on a display I suppose. Any ideas why the range seems so
limited - given that most bathrooms have roofspace above?

I had my electric shower heater mounted in the loft; a much simplified
installation.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mr Fuxit" wrote in message
On 27 Nov, 11:28, "John" wrote:
[...]

What make/ model is it?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:
Sorry to bother again - had some good responses to question on venturi
showers and some comments about electric ones.

Off to see the house tonight and I have started to think Electric - mounted
in roof space. A neighbour has one - but it is a very expensive bells and
whistles one. The location of the heater unit seems to make good sense to me
as I don't need to think about neat piping or wiring. I could just tee off
the cold feed to the loft water tank and (hopefully) find a good route for a
suitable cable. (I would get an electrician to complete the wiring)
Question: Any suggestions for such a loft mounted electric shower? I haven't
seen any (apart from my neighbours) - but then they wouldn't look very
attractive on a display I suppose. Any ideas why the range seems so
limited - given that most bathrooms have roofspace above?

http://www.aquahot.co.uk/index.php?a...1&show_ctg=122

http://www.dealec.co.uk/acatalog/Dea...ating_204.html

Choice of pumped electric shower - Mira or Triton? Roger Moss UK diy 13 June 7th 07 08:08 PM
Is an Electric a Good Choice for Edging Dymondria? JB Home Repair 1 June 4th 07 12:40 AM
Shower Tray choice John UK diy 1 May 19th 06 10:14 AM
Ventilation in roof space? David Pearson UK diy 7 June 5th 05 08:31 PM