Wooden Floor Prep & Treatment

Old November 20th 07, 08:50 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wooden Floor Prep & Treatment

I know these things can be wide ranging in prices, and its hard to say
without seeing a specific job, however, can anyone give me a very
rough estimate of what it might cost me to get my wooden fllors
(orginal floorboards) sanded and then treated with a wax/oil/varnish
(havent decided yet) by a professional.

I have already done this job myself.. using a well known floor varnish
which turned out to be crap and so now I am thinking of turning to the
professionals!

The floor is a hall and dining room and totals approx 30 aquare
metres.

Thanks for any advice!

Tom
Old November 20th 07, 11:58 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Thomarse wrote:
I know these things can be wide ranging in prices, and its hard to say
without seeing a specific job, however, can anyone give me a very
rough estimate of what it might cost me to get my wooden fllors
(orginal floorboards) sanded and then treated with a wax/oil/varnish
(havent decided yet) by a professional.

I have already done this job myself.. using a well known floor varnish
which turned out to be crap and so now I am thinking of turning to the
professionals!

The floor is a hall and dining room and totals approx 30 aquare
metres.

Thanks for any advice!

Tom

Sand the floor, then treat with Bourneseal, several coats. When you
have an even finish (the wood no longer soaks up the seal), treat the
floor with two coats of a polish such as Johnsons Eternum. This is a
water based polish which is applied with a mop. I work in a school and
this is the way in which we treat a heavily trafficed wooden assembly
hall floor. The treatment lasts for a year.

There may be other products which you can use to follow this regime.

Malcolm

Bathroom floor prep Tony Home Repair 17 August 12th 07 05:41 AM
Bathroom floor prep Tony Home Ownership 17 August 12th 07 05:41 AM
Wooden Fence Post Preventative Treatment? Wayne Whitney Home Repair 1 May 5th 05 03:12 PM
Prep for tiling floor Mastermech Home Repair 0 July 29th 04 05:47 PM
ceramic floor tiling prep. Jed Spud UK diy 2 March 2nd 04 09:35 AM