Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Who can move my gas meter?

I'd like to get my gas meter moved (from just inside the front door to
a meter or so outside, in our front garden). My gas supplier
(Scottish Power) said that I had to get their contractor (Scotia) to
do it.

The quote's come in at over £700 for what, at a guess, is probably
about half a day's work.

Do I have to stick with them - or am I allowed to get anyone else to
quote?

Michael