Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Flat roof leaking -replacement cost

I have a flat roof over the garage 5.5m x 2.5m which hasn't had
anything done to it since the property was built in 1970. It looks
like a fairly staright forward felt type roof but it appears now to
be leaking, causing the common wall with the house to get damp.

My query is what sort of money should I expect to get the roof
repaired with new felt etc? The location is Buckinghanshire.

Out of interest ... this property was let out once to a roofing
contractor went bust. It took me ages to get him evicted.This same
cowboy got done for 18 months recently by swindling someone else out
of £3000 on roof repairs. So you might imagine, I'm a bit wary of
roofing contractors.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a flat roof over the garage 5.5m x 2.5m which hasn't had
anything done to it since the property was built in 1970. It looks
like a fairly staright forward felt type roof but it appears now to
be leaking, causing the common wall with the house to get damp.

My query is what sort of money should I expect to get the roof
repaired with new felt etc? The location is Buckinghanshire.

Out of interest ... this property was let out once to a roofing
contractor went bust. It took me ages to get him evicted.This same
cowboy got done for 18 months recently by swindling someone else out
of £3000 on roof repairs. So you might imagine, I'm a bit wary of
roofing contractors.

About £35 m2 13.75 m2 = £480

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 26, 5:29 pm, wrote:
I have a flat roof over the garage 5.5m x 2.5m which hasn't had
anything done to it since the property was built in 1970. It looks
like a fairly staright forward felt type roof but it appears now to
be leaking, causing the common wall with the house to get damp.

My query is what sort of money should I expect to get the roof
repaired with new felt etc? The location is Buckinghanshire.

If you know any good local tradesmen (and are a good customer!) they
might be able to recommend someone.

My father got a recommendation for a good roofer from his plumber this
way.

cheers,
Pete.

Just moved into flat, bathroom leaking to flat below CM UK diy 14 October 18th 06 12:49 AM
help - leaking flat roof boaz Home Repair 11 January 4th 06 02:20 AM
Flat Roof Replacement Uno Hoo! UK diy 12 December 1st 05 10:55 PM
flat roof needs replacement Vincenzo UK diy 9 January 7th 05 07:46 PM
Piched roof adjoining neighbour's flat roof Trevor Smith UK diy 3 April 12th 04 11:39 AM