Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Flexacryl - flat roof repair - any experience with this or alternatives?

Anyone,

Taking advantage of the good weather I am protecting my inheritance
by doing a few jobs on the exterior of my mother's house.

There are a few flat roofs on the property (gnash, horrible). None
of the roofs are leaking and I would like that to remain so. I'm
thinking of just lashing some "gunge" on the roof felt before any
cracks appear. I did a quick search on Screwfix Web site and came up
with Flexacryl - my does it seem the solvents used produce noxious
fumes on reading the safety note with the Web entry ! Anyway, as the
work will be done outdoors I'm hoping that's adequate ventilation.
So .. should I Flexacryl or use something else?

Thanks

Clive

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 5 Oct, 20:08, Clive wrote:
Anyone,

Taking advantage of the good weather I am protecting my inheritance
by doing a few jobs on the exterior of my mother's house.

There are a few flat roofs on the property (gnash, horrible). None
of the roofs are leaking and I would like that to remain so. I'm
thinking of just lashing some "gunge" on the roof felt before any
cracks appear. I did a quick search on Screwfix Web site and came up
with Flexacryl - my does it seem the solvents used produce noxious
fumes on reading the safety note with the Web entry ! Anyway, as the
work will be done outdoors I'm hoping that's adequate ventilation.
So .. should I Flexacryl or use something else?

Thanks

Clive

I sold a similar product (Re-inforced Acrylic Polymer Roof Coating),
many years ago. Did not get any problems or complaints. Be careful to
achieve the correct spread rates as a thin coat will not weather very
well. Also try to use a light grey as it will reduce solar gain.
Solvents no problem if used in the proper environment, i.e. on roofs
outside

Repair flat roof or have a sloping tiled roof put on? N. Thornton UK diy 0 January 8th 05 03:22 PM
Repair flat roof or have a sloping tiled roof put on? JohnJ UK diy 4 January 8th 05 09:03 AM
Flat roof repair Lobster UK diy 1 November 2nd 04 02:49 PM
Flat Roof Identify Material and Repair Method TheScullster UK diy 3 March 19th 04 07:18 PM
flat gravel roof - how to repair adiel Home Repair 6 August 21st 03 03:53 PM