Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Roca toilet cistern problem

Can anyone tell me how to remove the lid of a push button high/low flush
Roca toilet cistern?

The cistern refuses to fill with water. Is this a common problem with
push button toilets?

BTW I am in Greece

Martyn
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Count de Monet" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me how to remove the lid of a push button high/low flush
Roca toilet cistern?

The cistern refuses to fill with water. Is this a common problem with
push button toilets?

BTW I am in Greece

Martyn

The means of filling is nothing to do with it being a push button operation.

Before delving into it, has it got the usual flexible inlet pipe running
from an isolating valve? If so are you sure this is on and that the pipe is
not kinked.

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Count de Monet" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me how to remove the lid of a push button high/low flush
Roca toilet cistern?

The cistern refuses to fill with water. Is this a common problem with
push button toilets?

BTW I am in Greece

Martyn

Does the lid lift partly - leaving it held by a cable mechanism?. If so then
I guess you may need to unscrew the chrome trim that surrounds the button to
free the lid from the mechanism.

The ball of the ball valve (or whatever) may have stuck in the up position.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 09:52:32 +0300, Count de Monet
wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to remove the lid of a push button high/low flush
Roca toilet cistern?

Ease the buttons off, if they are flush with the surface you may need
pointed instrument to help. You shouldn't need much pressure, on mine
they are plastic. Then you should see that the collar is held in with
a cross-head screw - unscrews and remove top. Be careful not to drop
the bits of plastic that the buttons mount on to down the toilet.

Toilet cistern Staffbull UK diy 5 January 16th 07 01:57 PM
Help with ROCA Cistern Problem [email protected] UK diy 2 September 4th 06 06:32 PM
The cistern and toilet The3rd Earl Of Derby UK diy 12 January 22nd 06 07:49 PM
Toilet Cistern Problem can anyone help ? Frustrated UK diy 1 December 4th 04 10:20 PM
Toilet Cistern John UK diy 4 December 4th 04 12:02 AM