DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Roca toilet cistern problem (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/215953-roca-toilet-cistern-problem.html)

Count de Monet September 29th 07 07:52 AM

Roca toilet cistern problem

Can anyone tell me how to remove the lid of a push button high/low flush
Roca toilet cistern?

The cistern refuses to fill with water. Is this a common problem with
push button toilets?

BTW I am in Greece

Martyn

John September 29th 07 09:44 AM

"Count de Monet" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me how to remove the lid of a push button high/low flush
Roca toilet cistern?

The cistern refuses to fill with water. Is this a common problem with
push button toilets?

BTW I am in Greece

Martyn

The means of filling is nothing to do with it being a push button operation.

Before delving into it, has it got the usual flexible inlet pipe running
from an isolating valve? If so are you sure this is on and that the pipe is
not kinked.

John

John September 29th 07 09:53 AM

Roca toilet cistern problem

"Count de Monet" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me how to remove the lid of a push button high/low flush
Roca toilet cistern?

The cistern refuses to fill with water. Is this a common problem with
push button toilets?

BTW I am in Greece

Martyn

Does the lid lift partly - leaving it held by a cable mechanism?. If so then
I guess you may need to unscrew the chrome trim that surrounds the button to
free the lid from the mechanism.

The ball of the ball valve (or whatever) may have stuck in the up position.

Peter Johnson September 29th 07 09:03 PM

Roca toilet cistern problem

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 09:52:32 +0300, Count de Monet
wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to remove the lid of a push button high/low flush
Roca toilet cistern?

Ease the buttons off, if they are flush with the surface you may need
pointed instrument to help. You shouldn't need much pressure, on mine
they are plastic. Then you should see that the collar is held in with
a cross-head screw - unscrews and remove top. Be careful not to drop
the bits of plastic that the buttons mount on to down the toilet.