Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default safe way to get rid of a squeak from a cot?

Our sons cot squeaks when you let the side rail down or up.
There's 2 metal bars which the wooden side slides up and down on.
I don't really want to use wd40 as I'm not sure it's safe.
Any suggestions?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17 Sep, 15:26, 1501 wrote:
On 17 Sep, 15:23, wrote:

Our sons cot squeaks when you let the side rail down or up.
There's 2 metal bars which the wooden side slides up and down on.
I don't really want to use wd40 as I'm not sure it's safe.
Any suggestions?

Try candle wax.

Surely candle wax is'nt a lubricant when it sets?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17 Sep, 15:27, Adrian C wrote:
wrote:
Our sons cot squeaks when you let the side rail down or up.
There's 2 metal bars which the wooden side slides up and down on.
I don't really want to use wd40 as I'm not sure it's safe.
Any suggestions?

Baby Oil?

I tried oiling my baby once, couldn't pick him up afterwards.
His cot still sqeaked but we worked on the basis that he'd outgrow it
before it wore out and left it alone. We were right, the next owners
took the squeak away with the cot.

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 07:26:03 -0700, 1501 wrote:

On 17 Sep, 15:23, wrote:
Our sons cot squeaks when you let the side rail down or up.
There's 2 metal bars which the wooden side slides up and down on.
I don't really want to use wd40 as I'm not sure it's safe.
Any suggestions?

Try candle wax.

Or talcum powder
--
Jim S
Tyneside UK
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
oups.com...
Our sons cot squeaks when you let the side rail down or up.
There's 2 metal bars which the wooden side slides up and down on.
I don't really want to use wd40 as I'm not sure it's safe.
Any suggestions?

Slap a good dollop of axle grease on it. Make a man of him rather than a
namby pamby mother's boy. If he's made of the right stuff he'll come to no
harm and if not then you might as well have had a girlie.
--
Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Dave Baker
writes
Slap a good dollop of axle grease on it. Make a man of him rather than a
namby pamby mother's boy. If he's made of the right stuff he'll come to no
harm and if not then you might as well have had a girlie.

Surely that should be cam pre-lube?
--
Clint Sharp

Hardwoor flooring squeak car crash Home Repair 1 November 26th 06 04:38 AM
persistent dryer squeak [email protected] Home Repair 4 July 28th 06 01:11 AM
persistent dryer squeak [email protected] Home Repair 1 July 27th 06 12:07 AM
Squeak in floor jeffc Home Repair 5 May 23rd 05 12:43 AM
Floor squeak and joist bracing Axial Home Repair 2 August 31st 04 01:41 PM