Paul Mc Cann

Default Axminster keyless chucks

Anybody tried an Axminster keyless chuck in a drill press ?

Any good?

Paul Mc Cann
Howard Neil

"Paul Mc Cann" wrote in message
Anybody tried an Axminster keyless chuck in a drill press ?

Any good?

Paul Mc Cann

I've had one for two or three years now and I am very happy with it. It is
smooth in operation and grips well (even very small bits).

--
Howard Neil

Paul Mc Cann

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 22:47:02 +0100, "Howard Neil" hneil@REMOVE TO
REPLY.co.uk wrote:

"Paul Mc Cann" wrote in message
.. .
Anybody tried an Axminster keyless chuck in a drill press ?

Any good?

Paul Mc Cann

I've had one for two or three years now and I am very happy with it. It is
smooth in operation and grips well (even very small bits).

Thanks Howard, I'll give one a try then

Paul Mc Cann
Woodspoiler

Missed the rest of the thread, but I bought a keyless chuck from
Screwfix recently. Got fed up with the teeth on the keyed ones
wearing down eventually, mislaying the key etc.

The chuck itself seems to be fine but I found one big
disadvantage. It's fatter than the keyed chuck, so all my
accessories that fit the drill's collar won't get past it. I have
to take the chuck off to change from, say, the standard handle to
a benchmount clamp.

I'm an impatient devil at the best of times and this sort of
hold-up when in the flow of things is sufficient to bring on a
demonstration of my expertise in a dialect of English widely
spoken by quarry workers.

W.