Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default wiki wierdness

While adding a google groups link to the wiki, I noticed the section
numbers seem to be out of sync, e.g if I clicked on the final edit link
on the page, it brought up an empty section, I had to click on the
penultimate edit link in order to edit the final section.

Seems likely some content in the "7 Ballast Types" or "7.1 Switchstart"
entry has upset the wiki software.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...#Ballast_Types
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:
While adding a google groups link to the wiki, I noticed the section
numbers seem to be out of sync, e.g if I clicked on the final edit link
on the page, it brought up an empty section, I had to click on the
penultimate edit link in order to edit the final section.

Seems likely some content in the "7 Ballast Types" or "7.1 Switchstart"
entry has upset the wiki software.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...#Ballast_Types

ok try that...

there was a html comment on the end of the 7.1 title text. I moved that
to the following line.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns explained on 19/08/2007 :
While adding a google groups link to the wiki, I noticed the section numbers
seem to be out of sync, e.g if I clicked on the final edit link on the page,
it brought up an empty section, I had to click on the penultimate edit link
in order to edit the final section.

Seems likely some content in the "7 Ballast Types" or "7.1 Switchstart" entry
has upset the wiki software.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...#Ballast_Types

"100-125w glowstarters for 8' tubes only"

Did you mean 6' tubes?

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/08/2007 21:54, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...#Ballast_Types

"100-125w glowstarters for 8' tubes only"
Did you mean 6' tubes?

I wasn't editing that section, that was just the section which was
upsetting the wiki.

But searching for available tubes seems to show 1800mm (~6') tubes are
70W and 2400mm (~8') ones either 100W or 125W, so the wiki seems correct.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns used his keyboard to write :
On 19/08/2007 21:54, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...#Ballast_Types

"100-125w glowstarters for 8' tubes only"
Did you mean 6' tubes?

I wasn't editing that section, that was just the section which was upsetting
the wiki.

But searching for available tubes seems to show 1800mm (~6') tubes are 70W
and 2400mm (~8') ones either 100W or 125W, so the wiki seems correct.

On thinking about it you are correct, it is just such a long time since
I last came across an 8' tube. With the slim line tubes having almost
universally replaced the fat ones, I doubt they even make the 8' now.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/08/2007 17:04, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

On thinking about it you are correct, it is just such a long time since
I last came across an 8' tube. With the slim line tubes having almost
universally replaced the fat ones, I doubt they even make the 8' now.

Plenty of places seem to sell them, mostly by the carton though.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 17:04:29 +0100, Harry Bloomfield
mused:

Andy Burns used his keyboard to write :
On 19/08/2007 21:54, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...#Ballast_Types
"100-125w glowstarters for 8' tubes only"
Did you mean 6' tubes?

I wasn't editing that section, that was just the section which was upsetting
the wiki.

But searching for available tubes seems to show 1800mm (~6') tubes are 70W
and 2400mm (~8') ones either 100W or 125W, so the wiki seems correct.

On thinking about it you are correct, it is just such a long time since
I last came across an 8' tube. With the slim line tubes having almost
universally replaced the fat ones, I doubt they even make the 8' now.

I still fit and replace 8' fittings and tubes and can buy them by the
carton or singly.
--
Regards,
Stuart.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Harry Bloomfield writes:
Andy Burns used his keyboard to write :
On 19/08/2007 21:54, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...#Ballast_Types
"100-125w glowstarters for 8' tubes only"
Did you mean 6' tubes?

I wasn't editing that section, that was just the section which was upsetting
the wiki.

But searching for available tubes seems to show 1800mm (~6') tubes are 70W
and 2400mm (~8') ones either 100W or 125W, so the wiki seems correct.

On thinking about it you are correct, it is just such a long time since
I last came across an 8' tube. With the slim line tubes having almost
universally replaced the fat ones, I doubt they even make the 8' now.

The 100W is the energy saving 125W tube. It was the first
retrofit energy saving tube, and reduction in tube diameter
from T12 to T8 didn't happen until after this one appeared.
Hence it's still a T12, whereas all the other energy saving
tubes are T8's. In the US, their energy saving tubes came
later, and their 8' one is a T8.

--
Andrew Gabriel

uk.d-i-y wiki [email protected] UK diy 27 May 23rd 07 10:46 PM
UK.d-i-y Wiki [email protected] UK diy 6 March 27th 07 01:03 PM
UK.D-I-Y Wiki [email protected] UK diy 17 January 27th 07 02:11 AM
wierdness in Excalibur ad...stainless steel not reliably straight? Chris Friesen Woodworking 6 October 26th 05 11:28 PM
GFCI Wierdness Jeff Cochran Home Repair 9 March 4th 05 03:58 PM