Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Sealing a shower cubicle quickly

Hi all,
If one has to seal a few gaps in a shower cubicle that at the moment has a
small water leak running into it, what`s the quickest curing sealant? It is
possible to divert the leak for a while, but obviously even doing this there
is still a requirement to be able to use the cubicle within about 24 hours
maximum for a shower before work. Ideally I`m looking for something that
can be easily applied, and after a few hours would be able to continue
curing even if it is continuously wet. Failing this, something that can
handle being allowed to get wet a couple of times during its curing period
would do - although the quicker the curing period the better. Any
particular brand names to look out for (I`m in the UK) or types to bear in
mind would be greatly appreciated!

Fixing the leak is, at the moment, not a possibility (it will be done in a
month or two, but the cubicle needs resealing before then).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Simon Finnigan" wrote in message
[...]

I installed a bath with shower over it a month before it was actually got
round to tiling the walls. Obviously we had to wait until the walls were
tiled before we could seal the bath so I got some polythene sheeting (cut
open bin bags would do) and taped them to the wall and they flopped sown
inside the bath. It wasn't pretty but it meant no water leaked until we got
the walls tiled and bath sealed properly.
Could you not do something similar until you have time to seal it properly?

Steven.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steven Campbell" wrote in message
[...]

I`ve managed (due to it being a bank holiday and being able to get away
without having a shower today) to get most of it sealed, but had a slight
"incident" with the temporary bucket arrangement I was using to collect the
water. Now I`ve got a small bit of sealant by the plughole that needs to
set, and I`m on earlies tomorrow. I`m hoping that if it doesn`t get wet
tomorrow it`ll be good for use on Wednesday morning, fingers crossed, but
surely there is something out there that can be used that would produce a
good seal in a few hours, rather than the 24-48 most things seem to take?
:-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Finnigan wrote:
[...]

I've used this before and found it works a treat
https://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat...44322&id=63004

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
news
Simon Finnigan wrote:
[...]

Hi Dave,
thanks for the tip. Fingers crossed I`ve managed a bodge to keep it dry
long enough for the stuff i`ve got to dry. if not I`l be checking that
stuff out - is it deffinately suited for use indoors (with the appropriate
precautions taken).

Thanks!

new shower cubicle installation [email protected] UK diy 5 March 21st 06 03:35 PM
Re-Tiling shower cubicle jon UK diy 6 February 2nd 06 11:43 PM
Zones around a shower cubicle Les Desser UK diy 11 May 16th 05 12:11 AM
Sealing a shower cubicle Richard Savage UK diy 2 March 17th 04 06:38 PM