Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dryer vent hose - does it have to go straight out the rear?

I am planning the position of a tumble dryer. Does the vent hose have
to go through the wall at the rear of the dryer, or can it go through
a wall to the side of the dryer without causing the dryer to project
too far forward of te counter top?
Cheers

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 04:24:54 -0700 someone who may be nafuk
wrote this:-

I am planning the position of a tumble dryer. Does the vent hose have
to go through the wall at the rear of the dryer, or can it go through
a wall to the side of the dryer without causing the dryer to project
too far forward of te counter top?

According to my newsreader you posted a query about this at 12:08
and it happens that I replied at 12:40. You also posted the same
query again, in a new thread, at 12:24.

There is not a group of people with nothing better to do waiting to
respond to any posting within say 15 minutes. Any posting may get a
reply, if it gets one at all, when people have the time to do so,
which may be hours or days later.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote this:-

I am planning the position of a tumble dryer. Does the vent hose have
to go through the wall at the rear of the dryer, or can it go through
a wall to the side of the dryer without causing the dryer to project
too far forward of te counter top?

According to my newsreader you posted a query about this at 12:08
and it happens that I replied at 12:40. You also posted the same
query again, in a new thread, at 12:24.

There is not a group of people with nothing better to do waiting to
respond to any posting within say 15 minutes. Any posting may get a
reply, if it gets one at all, when people have the time to do so,
which may be hours or days later.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh

Sorry about that. When I looked at the original post it did not
contain any text and I assumed a mistake had occured, so I posted the
question again. Why did you assume that I am stupid and ignorant about
bulletin boards etc?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 06:47:54 -0700 someone who may be nafuk
wrote this:-

According to my newsreader you posted a query about this at 12:08
and it happens that I replied at 12:40. You also posted the same
query again, in a new thread, at 12:24.

There is not a group of people with nothing better to do waiting to
respond to any posting within say 15 minutes. Any posting may get a
reply, if it gets one at all, when people have the time to do so,
which may be hours or days later.

Sorry about that. When I looked at the original post it did not
contain any text and I assumed a mistake had occured, so I posted the
question again.

It had some text in it when I looked at it.

Why did you assume that I am stupid and ignorant about bulletin boards etc?

You are assuming that I made an assumption that you are stupid. I
did not, but welcome to my list of people who think they are mind
readers.

As this is not a bulletin board I am unlikely to have made any
assumption about your ignorance or total knowledge of them.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote this:-

[...]

Let's see...

1) Your failure to understand the status of the original post.
2) Your use of the term 'bulletin boards'.

That's enough.

http://www.diybanter.com

Dryer vent hose - does it have to go straigh out the rear? nafuk UK diy 6 August 9th 07 10:27 AM
Clockwise (left to right) dryer vent hose ? Zanussi spare. Mike G UK diy 4 September 12th 06 07:11 PM
Dryer vent hose Ed Hayes Home Repair 4 November 18th 05 12:38 PM
Oval vent hose Paul Mc Cann UK diy 3 February 12th 05 04:36 PM
new Maytag dryer clogs dryer vent shedmeister Home Ownership 2 January 10th 05 09:40 PM