Rick Dipper

Default Sawdust on Clothes

We used to have a nice old washing machine, that used *LOTS* of water. It had absolutly no problems getting the sawdust out of my clothes after a day in the workshop.

SHMBO wanted a tumble dryer, so obediantly I purchaased a new washer dryer, that uses "only the water it needs". Well it gets the normal clothes clean, but to tottaly useless at removing sawdust, grass
cuttings, brick dust and the like.

Is this normal or have a brought a dud ?
How do I clean my DIY clothes, short of brining the old washer back, and using eBay for the new one ?

Thanks
Rick

BigWallop

"Rick Dipper" wrote in message
We used to have a nice old washing machine, that used *LOTS* of water. It

had absolutly no problems getting the sawdust out of my clothes after a day
in the workshop.

SHMBO wanted a tumble dryer, so obediantly I purchaased a new washer

dryer, that uses "only the water it needs". Well it gets the normal clothes
clean, but to tottaly useless at removing sawdust, grass
cuttings, brick dust and the like.

Is this normal or have a brought a dud ?
How do I clean my DIY clothes, short of brining the old washer back, and

using eBay for the new one ?

Thanks
Rick

Try vacuuming them before putting them in the washer. :-))

---
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Thomas Prufer

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 17:06:16 GMT, Rick Dipper
wrote:

How do I clean my DIY clothes, short of brining the old washer back, and using eBay for the new one ?

Start the clothes on the wool cycle - that uses lots of water -- and
wait until there's plenty in the drum. Turn off the washer, move to
whatever cycle you'd usually use, and continue. Works on mine.

Thomas Prufer
geoff

In message , Paul Mc Cann
writes
On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 23:42:26 GMT, "BigWallop"
wrote:

Try vacuuming them before putting them in the washer. :-))

A good blast with an airline is very effective.

It certainly worked on the twin towers - I've not heard one single
Septic complaining about the amount of sawdust around lower Manhattan
--
geoff
BigWallop

wrote:

Try vacuuming them before putting them in the washer. :-))

A good blast with an airline is very effective.

It certainly worked on the twin towers - I've not heard one single
Septic complaining about the amount of sawdust around lower Manhattan
--
geoff

OooHhhhh !!!! :-))

---
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

PoP

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 23:11:49 +0100, geoff wrote:

It certainly worked on the twin towers - I've not heard one single
Septic complaining about the amount of sawdust around lower Manhattan

I guess if you'd lost a relative in that situation you might not be
making fun of it.

From what I saw on TV footage there was an incredible amount of dust
blown around that area of New York when the buildings collapsed.

PoP

Peter Ashby

In article ,
PoP wrote:

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 23:11:49 +0100, geoff wrote:

It certainly worked on the twin towers - I've not heard one single
Septic complaining about the amount of sawdust around lower Manhattan

I guess if you'd lost a relative in that situation you might not be
making fun of it.

From what I saw on TV footage there was an incredible amount of dust
blown around that area of New York when the buildings collapsed.

This week's edition of Science has a report on the toxicology of the
dust and the volatiles.
http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/summary/301/5640/1649?etoc

Seems that you needed to have either been enveloped by that dust cloud
or a rescue worker to have a reasonable chance of debility from all the
stuff floating around. However for those at risk, many still have
respiratory complaints.

Peter

--
Peter Ashby
To assume that I speak for the University of Dundee is to be deluded.
Rick Dipper

wrote:

"Rick Dipper" wrote in message
We used to have a nice old washing machine, that used *LOTS* of water. It

had absolutly no problems getting the sawdust out of my clothes after a day
in the workshop.

SHMBO wanted a tumble dryer, so obediantly I purchaased a new washer

dryer, that uses "only the water it needs". Well it gets the normal clothes
clean, but to tottaly useless at removing sawdust, grass
cuttings, brick dust and the like.

Is this normal or have a brought a dud ?
How do I clean my DIY clothes, short of brining the old washer back, and

using eBay for the new one ?

Thanks
Rick

Try vacuuming them before putting them in the washer. :-))

snip

A good blast with an airline is very effective.

Cool, new toy time .........

Paul Mc Cann

geoff

In message , PoP
writes
On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 23:11:49 +0100, geoff wrote:

It certainly worked on the twin towers - I've not heard one single
Septic complaining about the amount of sawdust around lower Manhattan

I guess if you'd lost a relative in that situation you might not be
making fun of it.

Possibly not, but I doubt it

From what I saw on TV footage there was an incredible amount of dust
blown around that area of New York when the buildings collapsed.

PoP

--
geoff

Oldskoolskater

How do I clean my DIY clothes, short of brining the old washer back, and using eBay for the new one ?

Our Miele has an intensive button for such purposes.
Works a treat!

Steve