Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What kind of shower can I have on a condensing system boiler?

I currently have an electric shower. I also have a Remeha-Broag
avantaplus 24s condensing system boiler which means I still have my
hot water cylinder. Can I have a power shower or mixer shower fitted
to a boiler of this type? If so, seeing as it is not a combi boiler I
assume that means I have to switch on the hot water an hour or so
before I want to use the shower. Is this correct? Does anyone have any
recommendations?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 3 Aug, 22:11, Owain wrote:
wrote:
I currently have an electric shower. I also have a Remeha-Broag
avantaplus 24s condensing system boiler which means I still have my
hot water cylinder. Can I have a power shower

Yes, if you have a vented hot water cylinder.

or mixer shower

Thanks for the reply.

Forgive my ignorance but how do I know if my cylinder is vented or
not?

I still have a loft tank that (I guess) feeds my hot water cylinder.

As you can tell, I have no idea about heating systems!

Yes, if the hot and cold at the bath are both fed from the loft tank, or
both fed from the mains if you have an unvented hw cylinder

fitted
to a boiler of this type? If so, seeing as it is not a combi boiler I
assume that means I have to switch on the hot water an hour or so
before I want to use the shower.

Yes. Might not need to be an hour though, especially if you have a
powerful boiler and a quick recovery cylinder, and the shower doesn't
take too much water, then the boiler may be able to keep up.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 22:25:13 +0000, StephenCBate wrote:

As you can tell, I have no idea about heating systems!

Then ths may help
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Showers
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?..._Water_Systems

--