Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Roof and Gutter sealant

Yesterday was the first time I have used it.

Why has no one on this group mentioned what a sticky disgusting thing Roof
and Gutter sealant is? Maybe I missed the warning.

I replaced my guttering last week in the rain and yesterday was the first
day that was dry enough for me to silicone the bit between my guttering and
next doors. No one ever told me not to get it on my fingers. Gloopy bitumen
type stuff is certainly gross stuff in my opinion.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:
Yesterday was the first time I have used it.

Why has no one on this group mentioned what a sticky disgusting thing
Roof and Gutter sealant is? Maybe I missed the warning.

I replaced my guttering last week in the rain and yesterday was the
first day that was dry enough for me to silicone the bit between my
guttering and next doors. No one ever told me not to get it on my
fingers. Gloopy bitumen type stuff is certainly gross stuff in my opinion.

It may be disgusting, but it is very effective. Because it never sets,
it can tolerate significant movement between the components while still
maintaining a seal.

--
Grunff
Super-bright LED torches
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Grunff" wrote in message
ARWadsworth wrote:
Yesterday was the first time I have used it.

Why has no one on this group mentioned what a sticky disgusting thing
Roof and Gutter sealant is? Maybe I missed the warning.

I replaced my guttering last week in the rain and yesterday was the first
day that was dry enough for me to silicone the bit between my guttering
and next doors. No one ever told me not to get it on my fingers. Gloopy
bitumen type stuff is certainly gross stuff in my opinion.

It may be disgusting, but it is very effective. Because it never sets, it
can tolerate significant movement between the components while still
maintaining a seal.

It set on my fingers and t shirt.

I just squirted as much as I could between the two "different style" gutters
and put a nut and bolt between them.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:
Yesterday was the first time I have used it.

Why has no one on this group mentioned what a sticky disgusting thing
Roof and Gutter sealant is? Maybe I missed the warning.

WARNING! Roof & Gutter sealant is a sticky & disgusting thing!

Sorry its a bit late :-) I agree its horrible stuff, but it works.

Why are you sealing your gutters - is it a bit wet in Donny :-)

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
ARWadsworth wrote:
Yesterday was the first time I have used it.

Why has no one on this group mentioned what a sticky disgusting thing
Roof and Gutter sealant is? Maybe I missed the warning.

WARNING! Roof & Gutter sealant is a sticky & disgusting thing!

Sorry its a bit late :-) I agree its horrible stuff, but it works.

Why are you sealing your gutters - is it a bit wet in Donny :-)

I changed the gutter last week in the rain. I just needed a nice sunny day
like yesterday to finish the joint between my gutter and the neighbours.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jul 8, 6:43 am, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
Yesterday was the first time I have used it.

Why has no one on this group mentioned what a sticky disgusting thing Roof
and Gutter sealant is? Maybe I missed the warning.

I replaced my guttering last week in the rain and yesterday was the first
day that was dry enough for me to silicone the bit between my guttering and
next doors. No one ever told me not to get it on my fingers. Gloopy bitumen
type stuff is certainly gross stuff in my opinion.

Adam

Next time spit (on finger your going to use) and lub your fingers
then it won't stick to them

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"mark333" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Jul 8, 6:43 am, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
Yesterday was the first time I have used it.

Why has no one on this group mentioned what a sticky disgusting thing
Roof
and Gutter sealant is? Maybe I missed the warning.

I replaced my guttering last week in the rain and yesterday was the first
day that was dry enough for me to silicone the bit between my guttering
and
next doors. No one ever told me not to get it on my fingers. Gloopy
bitumen
type stuff is certainly gross stuff in my opinion.

Adam

Next time spit (on finger your going to use) and lub your fingers
then it won't stick to them

That works for silicone not gutter sealant. That was my mistake.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 15:12:25 +0000, ARWadsworth wrote:

I changed the gutter last week in the rain. I just needed a nice sunny
day like yesterday to finish the joint between my gutter and the
neighbours.

I just chucked out a tube of gutter sealant I'd had sitting around for
ages which said to only apply to dry surfaces. Added it to my collection
of chocolate teapots :-) Used black stixall when I needed to patch a bit
of plastic onto (wet) CI gutter recently.

--
John Stumbles

Women always generalise

gutter sealant Kent Mere UK diy 5 April 27th 07 10:47 AM
Roof gutter recommendations please 46erjoe Home Repair 3 August 8th 06 02:23 PM
Gutter or silicon sealant? Matthew UK diy 3 March 10th 06 11:03 PM
Gutter sealant? Eiron UK diy 2 October 2nd 05 07:46 PM
Replacing Gutter on Slate Roof Rob Gray Home Repair 1 January 12th 05 08:21 AM