Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Baxi

At present I have a Baxi Combi instant 105e. I'm thinking of replacing
this with, possibly a Baxi 105HE. Apart from the obvious need for the
condensate drain, would the new boiler fit as a direct replacement for
the 105e?

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 13:27:38 +0100, Frank Erskine wrote:

At present I have a Baxi Combi instant 105e. I'm thinking of replacing
this with, possibly a Baxi 105HE. Apart from the obvious need for the
condensate drain, would the new boiler fit as a direct replacement for
the 105e?

I have no idea, the chances are that the connections will be in the same
order.

You could do worse than to look through the BoilerChoice FAQ.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 7 Jun 2007 18:53:42 +0000 (UTC), Ed Sirett
wrote:

On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 13:27:38 +0100, Frank Erskine wrote:

At present I have a Baxi Combi instant 105e. I'm thinking of replacing
this with, possibly a Baxi 105HE. Apart from the obvious need for the
condensate drain, would the new boiler fit as a direct replacement for
the 105e?

I have no idea, the chances are that the connections will be in the same
order.

You could do worse than to look through the BoilerChoice FAQ.

Thanks Ed.

--
Frank Erskine
"Automatic door - push button to operate"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

At present I have a Baxi Combi instant 105e. I'm thinking of replacing
this with, possibly a Baxi 105HE. Apart from the obvious need for the
condensate drain, would the new boiler fit as a direct replacement for
the 105e?

I don't think they use the same jig so there will be some adjustment
to match the pipes exactly to the new jig. This will be fiddly rather
than difficult.

Why are you changing?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

At present I have a Baxi Combi instant 105e. I'm thinking of replacing
this with, possibly a Baxi 105HE. Apart from the obvious need for the
condensate drain, would the new boiler fit as a direct replacement for
the 105e?

I don't think they use the same jig so there will be some adjustment
to match the pipes exactly to the new jig. This will be fiddly rather
than difficult.

They certainly look similar, but I can't put my hands on the
installation manual for the old one.

Why are you changing?

The old one is showing signs of its age, also the condensing one
should be a bit more efficient.

--
Frank Erskine

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Frank Erskine
writes

wrote:

At present I have a Baxi Combi instant 105e. I'm thinking of replacing
this with, possibly a Baxi 105HE. Apart from the obvious need for the
condensate drain, would the new boiler fit as a direct replacement for
the 105e?

I don't think they use the same jig so there will be some adjustment
to match the pipes exactly to the new jig. This will be fiddly rather
than difficult.

They certainly look similar, but I can't put my hands on the
installation manual for the old one.

Why are you changing?

The old one is showing signs of its age, also the condensing one
should be a bit more efficient.

Spend ~ £1000 to save what, £20 / year?

Think of the energy involved in the manufacture of the new boiler, and
the environmental effect of disposal of the old one

--
geoff

Baxi WM 38/3 RS Stephen Clark UK diy 16 December 2nd 20 05:10 PM
Baxi Solo 3 PF Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld UK diy 25 June 13th 12 01:18 PM
Baxi Boiler [email protected] UK diy 4 June 1st 05 09:10 PM
Baxi Boiler Help Sparky UK diy 2 February 5th 05 01:10 AM
Baxi Solo 3 Andy Pandy UK diy 14 January 12th 05 09:11 PM