How long before I can drive over concrete?

Old May 23rd 07, 05:37 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How long before I can drive over concrete?

Evening All,

We have just had the drive paved, and there is a small patch that was
concreted at the mouth of the drive. It's about 12" wide and about 2" to
3" deep. This was concreted yesterday morning.

Can I run the car over it tonight?

cheers

Mike
Old May 23rd 07, 05:51 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mike Hibbert" wrote in message
k...
Evening All,

We have just had the drive paved, and there is a small patch that was
concreted at the mouth of the drive. It's about 12" wide and about 2" to
3" deep. This was concreted yesterday morning.

Can I run the car over it tonight?

Will your driving licence allow it?

Mary

Old May 23rd 07, 06:19 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Will your driving licence allow it?

Mary

Well it doesn't specifially exclude it!
Old May 23rd 07, 07:06 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike Hibbert laid this down on his screen :
Evening All,

We have just had the drive paved, and there is a small patch that was
concreted at the mouth of the drive. It's about 12" wide and about 2" to 3"
deep. This was concreted yesterday morning.

Can I run the car over it tonight?

Should be OK, but I would be inclined to put some boards across it
where the tyres will run to reduce the point loading a bit.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Old May 23rd 07, 07:56 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mike Hibbert" wrote in message
k...
Evening All,

We have just had the drive paved, and there is a small patch that was
concreted at the mouth of the drive. It's about 12" wide and about 2" to
3" deep. This was concreted yesterday morning.

Can I run the car over it tonight?

cheers

Mike

How wide are your tyres? How far apart are they? Will you 'hit' this foot
wide concrete?
It's two-three inches deep- but how long is it?

It's not a bad idea to leave concrete to 'cure' - harden by internal
chemical reaction- for as long as possible' When I had a water pipe trench
work done- I was advise to leave it for three days before parking the car
over it.

--

Brian

Old May 23rd 07, 11:01 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 23 May 2007 17:51:55 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

Can I run the car over it tonight?

Will your driving licence allow it?

Depends if it's still wet and he turns out to have been driving a "track
laying vehicle"

Concrete drive [email protected] UK diy 4 January 3rd 07 11:58 AM
concrete drive Neil UK diy 1 August 12th 05 01:39 PM
To seal my concrete drive way.. Ideals Fatdaddy Home Repair 3 June 5th 05 03:24 AM
How long for concrete to go off ... nog UK diy 4 August 12th 04 10:48 PM
Rough cost of re-doing a concrete drive David Hearn UK diy 9 September 17th 03 03:05 PM