Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Refitting shower tray

Having battled to removed a 760 x 760 shower tray that was surrounded
on three sides by tiles, I now need to replace with a new one, it
stands on four legs so it looks like im going to have to get the
adjustment right and then offer it into position, no mean task I
hasten to add, clearly Im not going to be able to secure the rear legs
to the wooden floor, will securing just the front legs stop any
unwanted movement?
Plus im going to have to remove some tiles from plaster board studded
walls to fit the new tray, the old tray distorted so I could remove
it, the new one is not going to give an inch its bloody solid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16 May, 13:36, Ricardo wrote:
Having battled to removed a 760 x 760 shower tray that was surrounded
on three sides by tiles, I now need to replace with a new one, it
stands on four legs so it looks like im going to have to get the
adjustment right and then offer it into position, no mean task I
hasten to add, clearly Im not going to be able to secure the rear legs
to the wooden floor, will securing just the front legs stop any
unwanted movement?
Plus im going to have to remove some tiles from plaster board studded
walls to fit the new tray, the old tray distorted so I could remove
it, the new one is not going to give an inch its bloody solid.

Secure the shower tray to a thick sheet of waterproof ply or chipboard
first then slide it back into place and secure the ply/chipboard where
you can reach.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Merryterry wrote:
On 16 May, 13:36, Ricardo wrote:
Having battled to removed a 760 x 760 shower tray that was surrounded
on three sides by tiles, I now need to replace with a new one, it
stands on four legs so it looks like im going to have to get the
adjustment right and then offer it into position, no mean task I
hasten to add, clearly Im not going to be able to secure the rear
legs to the wooden floor, will securing just the front legs stop any
unwanted movement?
Plus im going to have to remove some tiles from plaster board studded
walls to fit the new tray, the old tray distorted so I could remove
it, the new one is not going to give an inch its bloody solid.

Secure the shower tray to a thick sheet of waterproof ply or chipboard
first then slide it back into place and secure the ply/chipboard where
you can reach.

Now that is great lateral thinking.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Merryterry wrote:
On 16 May, 13:36, Ricardo wrote:
Having battled to removed a 760 x 760 shower tray that was surrounded
on three sides by tiles, I now need to replace with a new one, it
stands on four legs so it looks like im going to have to get the
adjustment right and then offer it into position, no mean task I
hasten to add, clearly Im not going to be able to secure the rear
legs to the wooden floor, will securing just the front legs stop any
unwanted movement?
Plus im going to have to remove some tiles from plaster board studded
walls to fit the new tray, the old tray distorted so I could remove
it, the new one is not going to give an inch its bloody solid.

Secure the shower tray to a thick sheet of waterproof ply or chipboard
first then slide it back into place and secure the ply/chipboard where
you can reach.

Now that is great lateral thinking.

It's the same trick to use as when sliding kitchen appliances into a
fitted kitchen, where you have 5 mm clearance all round and four spindly
legs which will snap off as soon as you look at them...

David

shower tray jacob UK diy 3 February 23rd 05 08:27 PM
Shower Tray John UK diy 2 February 9th 05 11:29 AM
shower tray andyd UK diy 0 August 18th 04 10:53 AM
Shower tray SH UK diy 1 May 10th 04 12:10 AM
Shower Tray Help jon UK diy 8 January 23rd 04 04:54 AM