-

Default Cracked outer double glazing pane

Just returned home to find the outer pane of a double glazed window
damaged by what appears to have been a catapult or air rifle.
(*&^%£&$^!!)

There is a small impact hole and shards of glass have broken away from
the inner surface of the glass leaving an unsightly jagged crater on
the inner surface of the outer pane. There is also a crack running
across the pane but fortunately this is near the top.

I'll have to get a replacement eventually, but is there anything I can
do in the short term? I will at least have to cover the hole somehow
to avoid rain getting into the gap.

The pane still seems to be secure, so I was wondering if there is some
sort of sealant I could use to fill the hole which is the same
refractive index as glass and would make it effectively invisible? As
there is a jagged crater on the inner surface I guess I would have to
figure out some way of applying the filler through the hole onto the
inner surface - but this sounds like it might be a bit impractical.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Steve
Jonathan@Home

Kids, age 5 and 2, drew pictures on our cream bedroom carpet with SWMBO's
lipstick and foundation cream. Only 11 months old so claimed £400 on
insurance, premiums went up from £14 an month to £21 a month at next
renewal.

Cheers
Jonathan

Jonathan@Home

They paid the excess out of there savings kitty £50 each.

jerrybuilt

"Jonathan@Home" wrote:
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
"Jonathan@Home" writes:
Kids, age 5 and 2, drew pictures on our cream bedroom
carpet with SWMBO's lipstick and foundation cream. Only
11 months old so claimed =A3400 on insurance, premiums
went up from =A314 an month to =A321 a month at next renewal.

Did pocket money go down by =A33.50 a month each? ;-)

They paid the excess out of there savings kitty =A350 each.

Erm, if that's true, it seems extremely harsh and pointless
to fine a 2 year old child =A350 for that, and almost so much
so for a 5 year old.

Oh, by coincidence, my 18-monther has scribbled all over the
pine kitchen cupboard doors, in pencil. Any ideas how best
to get this off? Rubber? Doesn't look as if the timber is
much if at all indented.

Sent via the PAXemail system at paxemail.com

Julian Fowler

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 17:36:09 +0100, "Tinkerbell"
wrote:

"jerrybuilt " ] wrote in message

"Jonathan@Home" wrote:
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
"Jonathan@Home" writes:
Kids, age 5 and 2, drew pictures on our cream bedroom
carpet with SWMBO's lipstick and foundation cream. Only
11 months old so claimed £400 on insurance, premiums
went up from £14 an month to £21 a month at next renewal.

Did pocket money go down by £3.50 a month each? ;-)

They paid the excess out of there savings kitty £50 each.

Erm, if that's true, it seems extremely harsh and pointless
to fine a 2 year old child £50 for that, and almost so much
so for a 5 year old.

*** Very harsh IMO, and totally unfair. It would be more approriate to fine
SWMBO for leaving the stuff where they could get it ;o)

.... and having a cream carpet in a house w/ young kids :-)

Julian

--
Julian Fowler

-

"Jonathan@Home" wrote in message ...
Kids, age 5 and 2, drew pictures on our cream bedroom carpet with SWMBO's
lipstick and foundation cream. Only 11 months old so claimed £400 on
insurance, premiums went up from £14 an month to £21 a month at next
renewal.

It's the increased premium I'm worried about. After several years of
not having to make any claims at all, the last few months I have had
to claim on a wrecked digital camera and a repair to the back door
(attempted break-in). I am loath to make a third claim so soon after
the previous.

If I can "bodge" it for 3-4 months and make a claim after the renewal
date then it might be slightly better.

Any suggestions what sealing material I could use on the glass (if I
decided to go down this route)?
tony sayer

In article , jerrybuilt Use-
] writes

"Jonathan@Home" wrote:
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
"Jonathan@Home" writes:
Kids, age 5 and 2, drew pictures on our cream bedroom
carpet with SWMBO's lipstick and foundation cream. Only
11 months old so claimed £400 on insurance, premiums
went up from £14 an month to £21 a month at next renewal.

Did pocket money go down by £3.50 a month each? ;-)

They paid the excess out of there savings kitty £50 each.

Erm, if that's true, it seems extremely harsh and pointless
to fine a 2 year old child £50 for that, and almost so much
so for a 5 year old.

Oh, by coincidence, my 18-monther has scribbled all over the
pine kitchen cupboard doors, in pencil. Any ideas how best
to get this off? Rubber? Doesn't look as if the timber is
much if at all indented.

Whaydda wanna get it of for. Its your child expressing him/herself!. How
un-thoughtful:-((.

Never know he/she might be a great artist one day then just think how
much that'll be wroth!...
--
Tony Sayer