Zanussi ZSF4123 dishwasher cold water problem

Old February 13th 07, 03:26 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Zanussi ZSF4123 dishwasher cold water problem

Hi guys,

Looking for some advice about my dishwasher that has suddenly stopped
heating the water. It seems to operate ok but the water is stone cold
and the tablet is semi-dissolved at the end of the washing cycle.

Does this point to the heating element or are there other possible
reasons for this?

Any help appreciated .

Todd.

Old February 13th 07, 07:09 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the info. I am going to take it apart a bit tonight to
investigate... anything I should look out for ? Is the PCB in the door
(behind the buttons) or located elsewhere?

Regards

Todd

Old February 13th 07, 08:45 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13 Feb, 19:30, Lurch wrote:
On 13 Feb 2007 11:09:35 -0800, mused:

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the info. I am going to take it apart a bit tonight to
investigate... anything I should look out for ? Is the PCB in the door
(behind the buttons) or located elsewhere?

Usually behind the controls on the door. I haven't got a drawing for
this one so can't tell you exactly where the stat is but I would start
at the stat and heater, check for power and continuity. Hopefully it
will be the stat at fault, as it's the cheapest of the 3
aforementioned parts at 12 quid!

Beware that there will be voltages where and when you don't expect
them inside appliances, excercise extreme caution to prolong your
health!
--
Regards,
Stuart.

Hi again Stuart,

Ok, I've had a quick look inside the door panel. I can see a white box
that is the control unit (buttons on the outside) and thats about it
in there. No obvious PCB, although I assume its wrapped up in the
white box.

Do you think the thermostate is likely to be in the door unit
somewhere or could it be in the sides/back of the appliance ? Im
loathed to take it all apart searching.

Thanks agan for your help

Todd.

Old February 14th 07, 08:14 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for you reply. I'll call someone out. As you say, it probably
won't be too expensive. Im not massively electrical (Im a games
programmer by trade) but hate the fact that kitchen appliances seem to
be engineered to last just a few years (this dishwasher is just 2years
old).

Usually I just take the item apart and observe. Watch and look for the
fault, then just buy the replacement part. Its worked for my washing
machines 4 times (motor brushes, door latch, condensor unit, mounting
bolds sheared) and my cooker (thermostate blew).... In this case Im
loathed to take it all apart since I don't think I'll see the fault.

Calling engineer now...

Thanks again

Todd

Old February 25th 07, 07:22 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Hi Stuart,

Just to finish off (and maybe get the part required). The engineer
came out and identified it as a failed PCB. It was 159 but he
suggested he repaired it (soldered) as a short term fix allowing me to
buy the part myself. That 'temporary' fix has now failed so Im after
the part. Do you happen to know where I can buy it ? I believe it is
an EDW11 for a ZSF4123.

Thanks for any info.

Todd

Zanussi Dishwasher won't run [email protected] UK diy 3 February 10th 07 06:00 PM
Dishwasher - hot or cold water Bob Bob Home Repair 6 January 29th 06 03:10 AM
Zanussi Dishwasher not filling Pat M UK diy 3 April 27th 05 08:40 PM
Zanussi Dishwasher problem phil UK diy 0 May 23rd 04 12:52 PM
Zanussi dishwasher just stops Gary Wooding UK diy 3 July 31st 03 02:00 AM