StealthUK

Default Fake labelled Power Tools

Was digging up the driveway today and one of these fly by night block
paving guys turns up to see if I'm interested in having him do the
work. They must have eagle eyes as it's a cul-de-sac and this is the
second guy in 2 weeks!

Anyway, I politely refused his offer but he had more to sell - a van
full of Power tools. Opens up the door and I see a whole range of
Chinese made power tools all badged up 'Makita'! The same el-cheapo
heavy SDS that I own was in there, which was a dead giveaway. Is there
anything left people won't fake?
Lee Blaver

StealthUK wrote:

Anyway, I politely refused his offer but he had more to sell - a van
full of Power tools. Opens up the door and I see a whole range of
Chinese made power tools all badged up 'Makita'! The same el-cheapo
heavy SDS that I own was in there, which was a dead giveaway. Is there
anything left people won't fake?

There were a couple of dodgy looking Irish types trying to flog fake
Makita gear round the local boot fair as well.
I hadn't been to one for a while and was quite surprised by all the fake
DVDs, CDs, perfume etc, all on open display.

I shouldn't be surprised really, TS aren't interested in anything that
involves them in actual work, and Plod are too busy chasing
motorists...

Lee
--
To reply use lee.blaver and NTL world com

Gareth A.

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 20:32:04 +0100, Lee Blaver
wrote:

StealthUK wrote:

Anyway, I politely refused his offer but he had more to sell - a van
full of Power tools. Opens up the door and I see a whole range of
Chinese made power tools all badged up 'Makita'! The same el-cheapo
heavy SDS that I own was in there, which was a dead giveaway. Is there
anything left people won't fake?

There were a couple of dodgy looking Irish types trying to flog fake
Makita gear round the local boot fair as well.
I hadn't been to one for a while and was quite surprised by all the fake
DVDs, CDs, perfume etc, all on open display.

I shouldn't be surprised really, TS aren't interested in anything that
involves them in actual work, and Plod are too busy chasing
motorists...

A about I year ago I saw two ladies in "Trading Standards" flourescent
vests wandering around the boot sale. They seemed more interested in
buying goods for themselves than actually inspecting stalls, but I did
see them asking a regular trader (selling vacuum cleaners) to fill in
some useless form.

Gareth

power flushing Andy Hall UK diy 4 September 9th 03 11:59 PM
FS 240v Professional Power Tools jerrybuilt UK diy 1 August 21st 03 07:21 PM
machinmart's Clarke power tools? Dave UK diy 3 August 20th 03 09:19 AM
Online ordering of power tools? BigWallop UK diy 9 August 5th 03 01:53 PM
Power sockets in brick shed Andy Jeffries UK diy 9 July 31st 03 09:53 AM