Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Supplier of wire mesh?

I'm about to make some airing cupboard shelves and want to use a wire
mesh rather than plain slats - any recommendations for suppliers?
(I've found www.meshdirect.co.uk)

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave,

You might like to consider plastic coated mesh as more pleasant 'to the
touch'.

This can be found in various mesh grades and bought from garden centres, at
widths based on one metre.

good luck with it,

Keith

"NoSpam" wrote in message
I'm about to make some airing cupboard shelves and want to use a wire mesh
rather than plain slats - any recommendations for suppliers?
(I've found www.meshdirect.co.uk)

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"NoSpam" wrote in message
I'm about to make some airing cupboard shelves and want to use a wire mesh
rather than plain slats - any recommendations for suppliers?
(I've found www.meshdirect.co.uk)

I've always used Mirlyn Ltd in Hove 01273 733404

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 22:08:42 +0000, NoSpam wrote:

|I'm about to make some airing cupboard shelves and want to use a wire
|mesh rather than plain slats - any recommendations for suppliers?
|(I've found www.meshdirect.co.uk)

Wire mesh is not strong, and cloths/blankets are heavy.
SWMBO would object to rust marks on the clothes.
I went for wooded slats, strong and allow ventilation.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

NoSpam wrote:
I'm about to make some airing cupboard shelves and want to use a wire
mesh rather than plain slats - any recommendations for suppliers?
(I've found www.meshdirect.co.uk)

Dave

I used a nice set of chrome racking from www.rapidracking.com

(hope thats the right URL)

Love it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
NoSpam wrote:
I'm about to make some airing cupboard shelves and want to use a wire
mesh rather than plain slats - any recommendations for suppliers?
(I've found www.meshdirect.co.uk)

Dave

I used a nice set of chrome racking from www.rapidracking.com

(hope thats the right URL)

Love it.

That's a good (if slightly pricey) idea, I'll speak to them about a
price for shelves without the uprights.
Unfortunately it's reminded me that I scrapped a load of chrome shelves
a few years ago. :-(

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Fawthrop wrote:
On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 22:08:42 +0000, NoSpam wrote:

|I'm about to make some airing cupboard shelves and want to use a wire
|mesh rather than plain slats - any recommendations for suppliers?
|(I've found www.meshdirect.co.uk)

Wire mesh is not strong, and cloths/blankets are heavy.
SWMBO would object to rust marks on the clothes.
I went for wooded slats, strong and allow ventilation.

Slats have annoyed me in the past because things drop down between them.
I was going to use a wooden frame to support the mesh so I suppose it
adds-up to very widely spaced slats plus the mesh. Powder coating or
galvanised would avoid rust.

Dave