Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Washing machine....

I give up! I'm trying to find a "joining piece" to attach the length of
waste pipe coming out of the back of my washing machine to the
extension piece I have just bought. They don't seem to exist. Tried all
the usal suspects - screfix etc. Any ideas?

Thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"kev007" wrote:
I give up! I'm trying to find a "joining piece" to attach the length of
waste pipe coming out of the back of my washing machine to the
extension piece I have just bought. They don't seem to exist. Tried all
the usal suspects - screfix etc. Any ideas?

Do you mean you want to connect the existing grey ribbed waste hose to a new
length of grey ribbed waste hose?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"kev007" wrote in message
oups.com...
I give up! I'm trying to find a "joining piece" to attach the length of
waste pipe coming out of the back of my washing machine to the
extension piece I have just bought. They don't seem to exist. Tried all
the usal suspects - screfix etc. Any ideas?

Thanks

I know nothing about washing machines, including the parts that you mention.
But rubber hoses and clips (Jubilee) as used on motor vehicles can be very
handy.

Sylvain.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13 Dec 2006 11:04:37 -0800, "kev007" wrote:

I give up! I'm trying to find a "joining piece" to attach the length of
waste pipe coming out of the back of my washing machine to the
extension piece I have just bought. They don't seem to exist. Tried all
the usal suspects - screfix etc. Any ideas?

Thanks

I seem to remember using a piece of copper and two hose clips ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Do you mean you want to connect the existing grey ribbed waste hose to a new
length of grey ribbed waste hose?

Yes

Posted to uk.d-i-y

kev007 wrote:
I give up! I'm trying to find a "joining piece" to attach the length of
waste pipe coming out of the back of my washing machine to the
extension piece I have just bought. They don't seem to exist. Tried all
the usal suspects - screfix etc. Any ideas?

Toolstation do them - search on washing machine.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"kev007" wrote:
Yes

You need a hose connector:
http://www.bes.ltd.uk/nav_graf/frames_cat.htm?url=http://www.bes.ltd.uk/products/123.asp

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article .com,
kev007 wrote:
I give up! I'm trying to find a "joining piece" to attach the length of
waste pipe coming out of the back of my washing machine to the
extension piece I have just bought. They don't seem to exist. Tried all
the usal suspects - screfix etc. Any ideas?

An offcut of 15mm copper tube with Yorkshire straight couplers soldered on
either end and some jubilee clips. The solder 'rib' on the Yorkshire gives
a good location for the jubilee clip needed to make it watertight.

--
*If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Which Washing Machine ?? Tim.. UK diy 42 August 25th 06 07:46 PM
washing machine PATRICK LARVIN UK diy 16 October 28th 05 08:13 PM
Washing Machine pauljfoster UK diy 6 September 25th 05 11:49 PM
Washing machine not washing Carl Home Repair 2 March 6th 04 06:32 PM
Washing machine help please. JhnWil875 Home Repair 1 March 2nd 04 04:50 PM