Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Unique EBAY item. Pure 1980s nostalgie CD-ROM - Only 2.50 - 1984Argos Catalogue on CDR- plus free bonus - over 150 rare and classic 80s TV Ads

Check this out if you are interested in anything retro 80's. A complete Argos Autumn/Winter 1984 Catalogue on a
CDR - both as jpegs and easily zoomable and navigatable
..pdf document. Also - over 150 Uk television adverts from the 80's - many of which you won't find anywhere on the web as they were ripped from old VHS tapes.

All this for only £2.50 on ebay. Check out the link if you are interested:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...2594&rd=1&rd=1

Or do a search on Ebay for,

"OLD CHRISTMAS TOYS GAMES STAR WARS JEDI 1984 CDR"

----------------------------

Some examples of Ebay feedback;

"Brilliant! It's like time travelling back to the high street. THANK YOU!!"

"Great item, great idea. Excellent bonus material. Super fast delivery. Thanks"

"I urge anyone to buy one, so interesting, fun,very quick delivery...Thanks"

---------------------------

If you have an interest in this kind of thing there is sure to be something for you to enjoy with this item. Old toys and games from Christmas 1984, Star Wars toys and original tv adverts (including British and one American advert for the Star Wars Kenner toys) - jewellery, watches, Barbie, lego, old hi fi equipment, old digital watches, walkmen etc... etc... - a fascinating document of life in the 1980's. 284 pages packed with the things we were all buying in 1984 - and the prices are quite different also! Old tv adverts with an elephant and mouse for the Commodore 64 (and a two page spread) - boasting a massive 64K memory! Milk Tray, Cadburys Smash, Jimmy Saville Intercity advert, Atari, Spectrum - tons of really interesting stuff.

Here is the complete text from the ebay listing;

FANTASTIC NOVELTY ITEM!

NOSTALGIA HEAVEN!

ARGOS CATALOGUE - 22

AUTUMN/WINTER 1984

CDR

***WITH FREE BONUS ON THE SAME DISC***

OVER 150 CLASSIC 1980's TV ADVERTISEMENTS!

This is a unique CD-ROM of an extremely rare Argos catalogue. Total trip in 1980's nostalgia. 284 pages bursting with products! Easily viewable on your home computer. It is very difficult to obtain one of these catalogues and I have seen them sell on EBAY for more than £100 and thats not even including the expensive postage fee on such a heavy item!

Buy a CD-ROM (in a jewel case) of the entire catalogue for only £2.50!

Each page of the catalogue has been carefully scanned and digitally enhanced. On the CD-ROM the entire catalogue is available as both single jpeg images and a PDF document which is easily viewable in the freely downloadable Adobe Acrobat Reader. (www.adobe.com) Zoom in to see product details or close-ups of individual items! Instantly jump to any page! If you are not already familiar with Adobe Reader I highly recommend you spend a few minutes learning some of the neat tricks it can perform. Browse four pages as thumbnails and scroll over any area of a page using the zoom feature! I have provided an example of this in one of my photographs for the game "UP AGAINST TIME". Use the original Index page to locate any item, simply enter the page number and you are there!

A fantastic digital record of 1980's designs and fashions. Toys, electrical equipment, typewriters, jewellery, cameras, lawnmowers, hoovers, hi-fi equipment, cosmetics, shower units, digital watches, duvet sets, musical keyboards, computers etc... etc... (COMMODORE 64, SPECTRUM 48k and ATARI - EACH OF THESE COMPUTERS IS GIVEN A ONE PAGE SPREAD - WITH SCREENSHOTS OF GAMES AND ACCESSORIES INCLUDED)

As this was the autumn/winter edition the toy section is massive! 35 pages of Christmas goodies galore that every child dreamed of in 1984. Included a

Return of the Jedi (2 page spread of Star Wars toys 266-267), Game and Watch, Grandstand, Playskool, Texas Instruments (all electronic games), Domino Rally mark 2, Space Attack!, Mr Pop!, Hornby Electric Trains, Knight Rider, The Dukes of Hazard, Ford XR3i Racing, Computer Battleshhip, The Hungry Hippos Game, Trivial Pursuit, Crossbows and Catapults, Perfection, Cabbage Patch Kids, Test Match, Beware of the Spider!, Tank Command, Tri-Omnibus, Stay Alive!, Connect4, Game of Life, Crossfire, Popoids, Duplo sets, Lots of LEGO sets (including technic), Spirograph, Fashion Wheel, Master Moulder Set, Mr Frosty, Dekkertoys Tents (including Spiderman tent), Bontempi, Streak Racing - GLOWS IN THE DARK! - Dukes of Hazzard Speed Jumper, Corgi models (including Yorkie and Weetabix), Tonka, CHiPS toys, THE A TEAM play van, Masters of The Universe, Transformers, Action Force, Palitoy, , My Little Pony, , Orville, Roland Rat Superstar, Care Bears, Frog Chorus, Sweet Shop and mini-market, Barbie (two pages of Barbie stuff - pages 274-275), Fisher Price, Bantel, Hasbro Glo-Worm etc... etc.....

Thanks to the power of modern technology, you can even use this catalogue to browse for old retro stuff you may wish to purchase on EBAY!

As a FREE bonus I am also including, on the CD-ROM, a diverse collection of more than 150 classic 1980's British Television adverts. The videos are in real media and divx formats and are easily playable on your PC. (Information is contained on the disc regarding the free DIVX codec download) Many of these adverts are extremely rare as they are ripped from my own personal collection and come from old BETAMAX and VHS tape sources. Guaranteed to bring back tons of 1980's memories! I have included a few screenshots on this page. Watch the original advertisment from Christmas 1984 for the RETURN OF THE JEDI - STAR WARS toys that are featured in this very catalogue! Or how about a 1987 ARGOS Television commercial! Other classic tv adverts include:

THREE FASCINATING COMMODORE 64 ADS FROM ABOUT 1983/1984 - "...with its enormous 64K memory..." - HILARIOUS!

ATARI COMPUTER 2600 ADVERT - VERY AMUSING SONG.

SINCLAIR ZX SPECTRUM+ ADVERT

TETLEY TEA BAGS ADVERT

ACTION FORCE TOY ADVERT

KEEP DOGS ON LEAD WITH JOHN NOAKES

WEETABIX ADVERT

GOLDEN WONDER CRISPS - SUPERMAN AND SPIDERMAN

SMASH MASH POTATO ADVERT WITH ALIEN ROBOTS

THREE ADS FOR SEKONDA AND SEIKO WATCHES (RELEVANT TO 1984 ARGOS CATALOGUE)

INTERCITY WITH JIMMY SAVILLE

(Also included is an extremely rare American advertisment for STAR WARS KENNER TOYS!)

Check my feedback to see what other people think of this item. Here are a few examples:

"Brilliant! It's like time travelling back to the high street. THANK YOU!!"

"Great item, great idea. Excellent bonus material. Super fast delivery. Thanks"

"I urge anyone to buy one, so interesting, fun,very quick delivery...Thanks"

"Excellent cdrom, good quality, very quick postage"

"Quick delivery, great idea, I'm in nostalgic heaven, many thanks!"

"Very cool very retro, love the adverts!"

"Great seller, A credit to ebay 10/10"

Item will be dispatched immediately after payment is received.

Pay instantly with your debit or credit card through PayPal.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
SJP SJP is offline

"peaman" wrote in message
Check this out if you are interested in anything retro 80's. A complete
Argos Autumn/Winter 1984 Catalogue on a....snip

Anything on it about SPAM?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

SJP wrote:

"peaman" wrote in message
Check this out if you are interested in anything retro 80's. A complete
Argos Autumn/Winter 1984 Catalogue on a....snip

Anything on it about SPAM?

Not to mention that it's still under argos's copyright.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "peaman" saying
something like:

Check this out if you are interested in anything retro 80's.

**** off, spammer.
--

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from Grimly Curmudgeon contains these words:

**** off, spammer.

Complain to eBay - spamming newsgroups isn't allowed.

--
Skipweasel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

peaman wrote:
spam

Yes all the buzzwords are the "unique" - "nostalgic" - "rare" -
"classic" = all of which are ebay synonyms for "CRAP"

I think the only one he missed was "retro".

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , peaman
writes
Check this out if you are interested in anything retro 80's. A complete
Argos Autumn/Winter 1984 Catalogue on a
CDR - both as jpegs and easily zoomable and navigatable
.pdf document. Also - over 150 Uk television adverts from the 80's -
many of which you won't find anywhere on the web as they were ripped
from old VHS tapes.

All this for only £2.50 on ebay. Check out the link if you are interested:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...agename=STRK%3
AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=290055022594&rd=1&rd= 1

Or do a search on Ebay for,

"OLD CHRISTMAS TOYS GAMES STAR WARS JEDI 1984 CDR"

----------------------------

Some examples of Ebay feedback;

Some examples from uk.d-i-y

"**** off you spamming ****"

"Every time you feed a spammer a fluffy kitten dies"

"We never buy from spammers"

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Grimly
Curmudgeon writes
drugs began to take hold. I remember "peaman" saying
something like:

Check this out if you are interested in anything retro 80's.

**** off, spammer.

You do say the sweetest things

You didn't even mention his incontinence - which is clearly indicated in
his email addy

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 11:51:29 GMT Peaman wrote :
Check this out if you are interested in anything retro 80's.

"This listing (290055022594) has been removed or is no longer
available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.
If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it cancelled"

Looks like justice prevailed

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from Tony Bryer contains these words:

Looks like justice prevailed

It's amazing what a quick email to eBay will achieve.

--
Skipweasel