Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

Default Where get mail order diaries by Letts? [off topic]

Am in the UK and am looking for a Letts slimline pocket diary.
(Must be month to a view format).

Where can I get this online without paying for admin at silly prices?

I keep getting the sort thing where the diary is only £3.35 from Ink
World Direct but their P&P is an extra £6.95.

---

Am looking for Letts diary reference P1S ("Principal").
Nearly as good are D51 ("Business Cream") or 15S (Business Slim").
Even model C1S ("Connoisseur") might do at the right price.

Unfortunately Letts themselves are out of stock of these.

---

Thanks.
Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 13:21:25 GMT, Will wrote:

Am in the UK and am looking for a Letts slimline pocket diary.
(Must be month to a view format).

Where can I get this online without paying for admin at silly prices?

I keep getting the sort thing where the diary is only £3.35 from Ink
World Direct but their P&P is an extra £6.95.

---

Am looking for Letts diary reference P1S ("Principal").
Nearly as good are D51 ("Business Cream") or 15S (Business Slim").
Even model C1S ("Connoisseur") might do at the right price.

Unfortunately Letts themselves are out of stock of these.

---

Thanks.

Staples Neat Ideas etc maybe .or Amazon .
Did you do a search on google.co.uk for Letts Diaries .
Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

On 24 Nov 2006, Stuart wrote:

Staples Neat Ideas etc maybe .or Amazon .
Did you do a search on google.co.uk for Letts Diaries .

Hi Stuart

Thanks for your posting. It's hard to know what you think you are
teling me. Of course I used Google and that's why I said "I keep
getting".

Amazingly, my understanding is that not a single one of your
suggested retailers stock Letts diaries:

Staples
Amazon UK
Neat Ideas.

Thank you anyway.
Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 13:21:25 GMT, Will wrote:

Am in the UK and am looking for a Letts slimline pocket diary.
(Must be month to a view format).

Where can I get this online without paying for admin at silly prices?

I keep getting the sort thing where the diary is only £3.35 from Ink
World Direct but their P&P is an extra £6.95.

---

Am looking for Letts diary reference P1S ("Principal").
Nearly as good are D51 ("Business Cream") or 15S (Business Slim").
Even model C1S ("Connoisseur") might do at the right price.

Unfortunately Letts themselves are out of stock of these.

---

Thanks.

http://www.mayfairstationers.co.uk/p...oducts_id=6013
Business Slim at £5.52 + Vat
Dely £3.50

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

In message , Will
writes

**** me - you seem to be one thick ****

--
geoff

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

In message , Will writes

Thanks for your posting. It's hard to know what you think you are
teling me. Of course I used Google and that's why I said "I keep
getting".

Amazingly, my understanding is that not a single one of your
suggested retailers stock Letts diaries:

On 25 Nov 2006, raden wrote:

**** me - you seem to be one thick ****

Dunno mate. What's your answer to my original posting? The person
who repied hadn't checked a single one of his recommendations. What
a waste of time they were.

Here is my OP again in case you are trying to answer a different
question. Most trolls seem to do that.

Am in the UK and am looking for a Letts slimline pocket diary.
(Must be month to a view format).

Where can I get this online without paying for admin at silly prices?
I keep getting the sort thing where the diary is only £3.35 from Ink
World Direct but their P&P is an extra £6.95.

---
Am looking for Letts diary reference P1S ("Principal").
Nearly as good are D51 ("Business Cream") or 15S (Business Slim").
Even model C1S ("Connoisseur") might do at the right price.
Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

In message , Will writes

On 25 Nov 2006, raden wrote:

**** me - you seem to be one thick ****

Dunno mate. What's your answer to my original posting? The person
who repied hadn't checked a single one of his recommendations. What
a waste of time they were.

Here is my OP again in case you are trying to answer a different
question. Most trolls seem to do that.

Well as I am the person you are referring to can I say that you sound an
ungrateful sod. I merely made a few suggestions to try and help .Taking up the
suggestions is YOUR job .
There is no requirement on anyone in here to search and search for answers to
anyone elses questions .
Does you mother still wash your face for you .?

Stuart
Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

On 25 Nov 2006, raden wrote:

**** me - you seem to be one thick ****

Dunno mate. What's your answer to my original posting? The person
who repied hadn't checked a single one of his recommendations.
What a waste of time they were.

Here is my OP again in case you are trying to answer a different
question. Most trolls seem to do that.

Well as I am the person you are referring to can I say that you
sound an ungrateful sod. I merely made a few suggestions to try and
help .Taking up the suggestions is YOUR job .
There is no requirement on anyone in here to search and search for
answers to anyone elses questions .
Does you mother still wash your face for you .?

Stuart

Sorry Stuart. I hadn't realised it was you posting again. I tried all
your suggestions as I thought you had found something and posted that
info to me. Unfortunately not a single one of your suggestions even
stocked the item. A child using Google can do better than you managed
just by keying in the manufacturers name because then at least their
suppliers would supply goods by the manufacturer I want. That's quite a
nticeable improvement on the useless suppliers you came up with.

It strikes me that you seem to have picked some names of stationers at
random and posted them. Why did you bother? The names of a random
selection of stationers is not what I asked for. Based on what you
suggested, I suspect I have a better idea than you do of which web
stationers to try.

For Gawd's sake, I even listed candidate model numbers in case it wasn't
clear what I was looking for.

My question was about finding the item and at the same time not paying a
silly amount for the delivery charge. Delivery is often well hidden on
a web site and people in this group may have known who was cheap for
delivery and at the same time had the item.

So how did you think your totally random selection of web stationrs was
going to address that request? Your suggestions didn't even stock the
item! Or anything at all from the same manufacturer!!!

I think the best things is if you want to post something of no help at
anyone at all then why not start your own thread.
Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

Will wrote:

I think the best things is if you want to post something of no help at
anyone at all then why not start your own thread.

If you want helpful answers try posting it to groups where it's on-topic.

You're lucky you got any answers at all...

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

On 25 Nov 2006, raden wrote:

[...]

Well p*** off and do it yourself next time .

Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 14:57:33 UTC, Will wrote:

My question was about finding the item and at the same time not paying a
silly amount for the delivery charge. Delivery is often well hidden on
a web site and people in this group may have known who was cheap for
delivery and at the same time had the item.

Presumably you'd have posted here (meaning uk.d-i-y) if you wanted to
know anything at all, however unrelated it was to DIY. It's off-topic -
do you understand the term? Not that it has much to do with car
maintenance, either.

So, to summarise...you cross posted to three groups, two of which were
completel;y off-topic. You received some help - OK, it wasn't useful in
the end. And all you can do is moan.

Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains

On 27 Nov 2006, Bob Eager wrote:

Presumably you'd have posted here (meaning uk.d-i-y) if you wanted
to know anything at all, however unrelated it was to DIY. It's
off-topic - do you understand the term? Not that it has much to do
with car maintenance, either.

So, to summarise...you cross posted to three groups, two of which
were completel;y off-topic. You received some help - OK, it wasn't
useful in the end. And all you can do is moan.

Hi Bobby

If you don't want to read an off-topic post then the trick is not to
read the ones which have been marked as off-topic in the subject
line. I find that helps every time. You could try it.

Meanwhile I can see you would never solve even the simplest of
cjildren's puzzles without some help. So I will nudge your
understanding forwards in your deep puzzlement over the newsgroups.

Can you see a common factor in these three newsgroups?
uk.rec.cars.maintenance
uk.d-i-y
alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains

You can? Fantastic! Is it "UK". Great! Well, don't stop now.
Does the common factor have anything to do with buying a UK diary
with UK national holidays from a national UK publisher? Yes? Bingo!
Well done, you little scallyway! That's really good for someone who
has just struggled hard to get it.
Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

On 27 Nov 2006, PC Paul wrote:

Will wrote:

I think the best things is if you want to post something of no
help at anyone at all then why not start your own thread.

If you want helpful answers try posting it to groups where it's
on-topic.

You're lucky you got any answers at all...

Hellp PC Paul

As I said to your little mate, Bobby ... if you don't want to read an
off-topic post then the trick is not to read the ones which have been
marked as off-topic in the subject line. I find that helps every time.
You could try it.

Meanwhile I can see that just like Bobby you would never solve even the
simplest of children's puzzles without some help. So I will help your
understanding forwards in this department.

Can you see a common factor in these three newsgroups?
uk.rec.cars.maintenance
uk.d-i-y
alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains

You can, PC Paul? Fantastic! Is it "UK"? Great! Well, don't stop
there. Does the common factor have anything to do with buying a UK
diary with UK national holidays from a national UK publisher? Yes?
Bingo! Well done, you little tramp! That's really good for you.
Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,alt.night-life.bradford.uk,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

Will wrote:

Can you see a common factor in these three newsgroups?
uk.rec.cars.maintenance
uk.d-i-y
alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains

You can? Fantastic! Is it "UK". Great! Well, don't stop now.
Does the common factor have anything to do with buying a UK diary
with UK national holidays from a national UK publisher? Yes? Bingo!
Well done, you little scallyway! That's really good for someone who
has just struggled hard to get it.

Wow! A whole new era in newsgroups has opened up!

Anything related to the 'UK' is now on topic in any newsgroup with 'UK' in
the title!

Just to be helpful, I've added 'alt.night-life.bradford.uk' as well. I'm
sure they'll be able to help...

****.

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

"Will" wrote in message

snip

You're funny. Stupid, but funny.

Hint : if you want help, insulting people won't encourage them to help you.
(notice I don't actually want your help...)

clive

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 18:29:52 UTC, Will wrote:

If you don't want to read an off-topic post then the trick is not to
read the ones which have been marked as off-topic in the subject
line. I find that helps every time. You could try it.

I shouldn't have to bother. You're the lazy one.

Meanwhile I can see you would never solve even the simplest of
cjildren's puzzles without some help. So I will nudge your
understanding forwards in your deep puzzlement over the newsgroups.

Oh, stupid too. Even if you're in secondary school (although it's
probably still playgroup) I've been using newsgroups a damn sight longer
than you. Pity the average intelligence level dropped so much when you
started.

Can you see a common factor in these three newsgroups?
uk.rec.cars.maintenance
uk.d-i-y
alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains

You can? Fantastic! Is it "UK". Great! Well, don't stop now.

Why didn't you include 'uk.sex.*' then?

Does the common factor have anything to do with buying a UK diary
with UK national holidays from a national UK publisher? Yes?

And anything at all to do with DIY? Do you repair your car with a diary.
God help those who drive in your car. No. God, you're thick.

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

In message , Will
writes
In message , Will writes

On 25 Nov 2006, raden wrote:

**** me - you seem to be one thick ****

Dunno mate. What's your answer to my original posting? The person
who repied hadn't checked a single one of his recommendations. What
a waste of time they were.

Here is my OP again in case you are trying to answer a different
question. Most trolls seem to do that.

Am in the UK and am looking for a Letts slimline pocket diary.
(Must be month to a view format).

Where can I get this online without paying for admin at silly prices?
I keep getting the sort thing where the diary is only £3.35 from Ink
World Direct but their P&P is an extra £6.95.

The problem seems to me to be that you want to buy something specific of
very little value (profit) and pay next to nothing for the postage
(administration)

a classic hiding to nowhere I would have thought

just go to a shop and buy one

Now, of course, if you used a bit of grey matter you could phone Letts
or Adler or whoever and inform them that you were a new business just
setting up and wanted to give customers complementary diaries with your
company name on - could they send you a couple of samples ?

---
Am looking for Letts diary reference P1S ("Principal").
Nearly as good are D51 ("Business Cream") or 15S (Business Slim").
Even model C1S ("Connoisseur") might do at the right price.

geoff
Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

On 27 Nov 2006, PC Paul wrote:

Will wrote:

Can you see a common factor in these three newsgroups?
uk.rec.cars.maintenance
uk.d-i-y
alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains

You can? Fantastic! Is it "UK". Great! Well, don't stop now.
Does the common factor have anything to do with buying a UK diary
with UK national holidays from a national UK publisher? Yes?
Bingo! Well done, you little scallyway! That's really good for
someone who has just struggled hard to get it.

Wow! A whole new era in newsgroups has opened up!

Anything related to the 'UK' is now on topic in any newsgroup with
'UK' in the title!

Just to be helpful, I've added 'alt.night-life.bradford.uk' as
well. I'm sure they'll be able to help...

****.

Why is it so hard for obsessives like you to pass over postings marked
as off-topic? Surely it can't be that hard?

Instead you open them and then bleat that they are, er, off topic. Now
what a surprise that is!

Normally "OT" is used to show an off-topic post but this time for the
newbies and those in a hurry and for people like you, I spelt it out as:
"off topic".

Exactly what it is that you don't understand about that phrase or its
use in newsgroups?

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

[...]

Hey, that's why off topic posts are called "off topic" and are marked
"off topic". Geddit?
Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

On 27 Nov 2006, raden wrote:

In message , Will
writes
In message , Will writes

============================================== =
Am in the UK and am looking for a Letts slimline pocket diary.
(Must be month to a view format).

Where can I get this online without paying for admin at silly
prices? I keep getting the sort thing where the diary is only £3.35
from Ink World Direct but their P&P is an extra £6.95.

The problem seems to me to be that you want to buy something
specific of very little value (profit) and pay next to nothing for
the postage (administration)

a classic hiding to nowhere I would have thought

just go to a shop and buy one

Now, of course, if you used a bit of grey matter you could phone
Letts or Adler or whoever and inform them that you were a new
business just setting up and wanted to give customers complementary
diaries with your company name on - could they send you a couple of
samples ?

Way cool even if devious. :-)

But I guess you missed the last line of the original post:

"Unfortunately Letts themselves are out of stock of these."

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

On 24 Nov 2006, Stuart wrote:

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 13:21:25 GMT, Will wrote:

Am in the UK and am looking for a Letts slimline pocket diary.
(Must be month to a view format).

Where can I get this online without paying for admin at silly
prices?

I keep getting the sort thing where the diary is only £3.35 from
Ink World Direct but their P&P is an extra £6.95.

---

Am looking for Letts diary reference P1S ("Principal").
Nearly as good are D51 ("Business Cream") or 15S (Business Slim").
Even model C1S ("Connoisseur") might do at the right price.

Unfortunately Letts themselves are out of stock of these.

---

Thanks.

http://www.mayfairstationers.co.uk/p....php?products_
id=6013
Business Slim at £5.52 + Vat
Dely £3.50

Hey Stu. That's more like it! Well done. :-)

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

Will wrote in :

"Unfortunately Letts themselves are out of stock of these."

No they are not, as I found off an aquaintance who worked for them but
still has contacts. There are none left for the general public, unless they
ask nicely, and as you haven't, you can **** right off. :-)

--
Tunku

"end user" v. A command regrettably not implemented in most systems.

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 00:35:32 GMT, Will wrote:

On 24 Nov 2006, Stuart wrote:

[...]

Don't be too profuse in your thx . If I had the facility to retract the post I
would have done so
Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

On 28 Nov 2006, Tunku wrote:

Will wrote in
:

"Unfortunately Letts themselves are out of stock of these."

No they are not, as I found off an aquaintance who worked for them
but still has contacts. There are none left for the general public,
unless they ask nicely, and as you haven't, you can **** right off.
:-)

Yeah right.

So you know of a secret stash in warehouse 13 (the one that's not on the
site map and is right next to the scorch marks on the tarmac from the
last UFO) through a friend of a friend who overheard a rumour about what
is in rack 999.

Exactly which model diary did you, er um y'know er, ask about? All of
them? OK, yeah, see I guessed that it was all of them. And you'll
probably say they're available for all years since since 1971 but only
if you don't crosspost. Oh, they are, are they? Marvellous.

Right, yeah, sure.
Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

On 24 Nov 2006, Stuart wrote:

[...]

You could have tried a cancel if you weren't such a noob.

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

In message , Will
writes
On 27 Nov 2006, raden wrote:

In message , Will
writes
In message , Will writes

============================================= ==
[...]

No - they just clocked you as a ****** and answered as such

Run out of diaries ?

I don't really think so, do you ?

--
geoff
Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

Will wrote in :

Yeah right.

So you know of a secret stash in warehouse 13 (the one that's not on the
site map and is right next to the scorch marks on the tarmac from the
last UFO) through a friend of a friend who overheard a rumour about what
is in rack 999.

No, straight from the factory at Thornybank Industrial Estate, Dalkeith.
Divot. You could ask there, nicely. :-)

--
Tunku

"end user" v. A command regrettably not implemented in most systems.

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

Will wrote in :

You could have tried a cancel if you weren't such a noob.

Hah ! a cancel eh? noob.

--
Tunku

"end user" v. A command regrettably not implemented in most systems.

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

On 28 Nov 2006, raden wrote:

In message , Will
writes
On 27 Nov 2006, raden wrote:

In message , Will
writes
In message , Will writes

On 25 Nov 2006, raden wrote:

[...]

No, of course they have not run out of diaries but they have run out of
all the models I listed in my posting. What a pity you couldn't read it
properly. Try Specsavers.

Why not try Letts Online http://www.letts.co.uk/store/
or call CS on 0870 421 4381 and see if you can place an order. How
about it, Raden?

Alternatively you can do what Turku suggests and slouch around the
Lett's warehouse to see if they have any of these diaries which have,
er, fallen off the back of a lorry and get some dodgy looking bleeder
to give you directions to the nearest pub where they are known to sell
them. Turku says you have to be nice to someone or another. Perhaps
the dodgy looking bleeder? Or the dentist-free locals all whooping it
up in (and outside) the pub like a scene from Charles Dickens, no doubt.
Gimme a break.

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 00:32:46 UTC, Will wrote:

Hey, that's why off topic posts are called "off topic" and are marked
"off topic". Geddit?

So, it's OK to post ANYTHING to ANY newsgroup, as long as it's marked
off-topic?

I think not...

I said you were thick...

Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 01:02:39 UTC, Will wrote:

You could have tried a cancel if you weren't such a noob.

If you knew as much about Usenet as you pretend, you'd know that few
servers hnour the NNTP CANCEL these days.

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

On 28 Nov 2006, Bob Eager wrote:

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 00:32:46 UTC, Will wrote:

Hey, that's why off topic posts are called "off topic" and are
marked "off topic". Geddit?

So, it's OK to post ANYTHING to ANY newsgroup, as long as it's
marked off-topic?

I think not...

I said you were thick...

Almost anything. Of course it has to be within the bounds of normal
behaviour and etiquette on the Usenet (none of your kiddie porn,
binaries in text groups, me too's, spam, etc).

So if you told the group in the usual way (I don't have to spell that
out to you, do I?) then you could for example post about motor bikes in
the lighting group.

Only someone like you would read a post clearly marked off topic in the
subject line and then complain that it is, er, off topic.
Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

Will wrote:

You could have tried a cancel if you weren't such a noob.

On 28 Nov 2006, Tunku wrote:

Hah ! a cancel eh? noob.

Yup. A cancel.

It can't be the letter "a" which is throwing you. (Well, I hope not).
So it must be something in "cancel".

So what is it you can't understand about "cancel"? Don't just stare.
Spit it out.

Well I guess you (Fagin), and maybe your mate Stuart (Oliver Twist)
too, haven't come across newsgroup cancels yet.

Well, here's a chance to grab a bit of free education.
Don't let the chance pass you by as your need seems great.

http://www.killfile.org/~tskirvin/faqs/cancel.html

Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 01:02:39 UTC, Will wrote:

You could have tried a cancel if you weren't such a noob.

On 28 Nov 2006, Bob Eager wrote:

If you knew as much about Usenet as you pretend, you'd know that few
servers hnour the NNTP CANCEL these days.

Do you know the difference between "tried a cancel" and "done a cancel"?
Good. Then you will understand why I wrote "try".

To be honest I think you'll find that far more Usenet servers than the
"few" you mention will actually honour cancels. After all, not everyone
is a member of the Freedom Knights. And that's why cancel attacks can
happen at all.

Now see if you can get it over to my pal Turku 'cos he seems to neeed a
bit of help with this. BTW is there a list of Usenet servers running
cancelbots in a Letts 2007 diary. Woooo. Let's all hope so! :-)

BTW is this still on your server (not in your reader's cache):
-----------------------
From: Tunku

Will wrote in :

You could have tried a cancel if you weren't such a noob.

Hah ! a cancel eh? noob.
-----------------------
Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

On 28 Nov 2006, Tunku wrote:

Hah ! a cancel eh? noob.

Yup. A cancel.

It can't be the letter "a" which is throwing you. (Well, I hope not).
So it must be something in "cancel".

So what is it you can't understand about "cancel"? Don't just stare.
Spit it out.

Well I guess you (Fagin), and maybe your mate Stuart (Oliver Twist)
too, haven't come across newsgroup cancels yet.

Well, here's a chance to grab a bit of free education.
Don't let the chance pass you by as your need seems great.

http://www.killfile.org/~tskirvin/faqs/cancel.html

Try it.

It doesn't work.

Too many idiots who thought they would redefine how Usenet worked sent false
cancels about posts they didn't like so pretty much every newsserver has
disabled them.

As has been explained to you several times. I would have thought for
somebody who keeps explaining the (wrong) definition of 'Off-Topic' you'd
only need to be told things once.

FYI, OT is used to show when a *relevant* thread has drifted off topic and
no longer fits the group charter.

Not so you can post anything anywhere. Only a **** would think that would be
any use at all.

I'm curious how you ended up with uk-dab (valid post) but then added
uk.r.c.m and uk.diy (completely irrelevant) - are they the only three your
mate subscribed you to and you can't figure out how to find any more?

Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 09:20:11 GMT, Will wrote:

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 01:02:39 UTC, Will wrote:

You could have tried a cancel if you weren't such a noob.

On 28 Nov 2006, Bob Eager wrote:

If you knew as much about Usenet as you pretend, you'd know that few
servers hnour the NNTP CANCEL these days.

Do you know the difference between "tried a cancel" and "done a cancel"?
Good. Then you will understand why I wrote "try".

The reason I did not TRY a cancel is because not being a "noob" I know it won't
work .!!!!

Stuart
Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

In message , Will
writes
[...]

I really don't need to - I get more than enough free ones from
customers and suppliers
--
geoff
Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

On 28 Nov 2006, raden wrote:

In message , Will
writes
[...]

Well done - that was a quick change of subject in order to get out of
checking your facts. I wrote that Letts Online and the Letts
customer phone line did not have any of these diaries. You sneered
that you didn't really think so. So I asked if you wanted to check
the facts.

Then you sidestepped having to prove your sneer by saying you had
enough diaries. Of course, you could check without buying one but I
guess you know when you have forgotten to engage brain before mouth.
Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains

On 28 Nov 2006, Stuart wrote:

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 09:20:11 GMT, Will wrote:

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 01:02:39 UTC, Will wrote:

You could have tried a cancel if you weren't such a noob.

On 28 Nov 2006, Bob Eager wrote:

If you knew as much about Usenet as you pretend, you'd know that
few servers hnour the NNTP CANCEL these days.

Do you know the difference between "tried a cancel" and "done a
cancel"? Good. Then you will understand why I wrote "try".

The reason I did not TRY a cancel is because not being a "noob" I
know it won't work .!!!!
Stuart

Do you "KNOW" that or just "THINK" that?

Maybe your ISP's newserver doesn't carry control.cancel or won't
propagate them. Or maybe your newsreader won't let you easily issue the
command but that hardly means it is not at all possible.

Cancel attacks on the Usenet never occur now?
NNTP control messages no longer viable? http://tinyurl.com/yczjk2

Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 12:01:42 GMT, Will wrote:

On 28 Nov 2006, Stuart wrote:

[...]

I do KNOW the meaning of the word KNOW.