Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DEDICATED MICROS SLDX9C

A bit of a long shot but I have one of these, if you recognise the name
and model then you maybe able to help, if you don't then it is unlikely
you can help!
Anyway, it is a video multiplexer for use on CCTV and requires + &- 12V
dc & +5V dc from an external PSU with a very small multi pin power plug.
I don't suppose by any absolute remote chance any one out there has
such a PSU?
I know I could DIY one but enough DIY has gone into this already and the
proper unit would make life a lot easier. If all else fails I may have
to actually buy one.

--
Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bill wrote:
A bit of a long shot but I have one of these, if you recognise the name
and model then you maybe able to help, if you don't then it is unlikely
you can help!
Anyway, it is a video multiplexer for use on CCTV and requires + &- 12V
dc & +5V dc from an external PSU with a very small multi pin power plug.
I don't suppose by any absolute remote chance any one out there has
such a PSU?
I know I could DIY one but enough DIY has gone into this already and the
proper unit would make life a lot easier. If all else fails I may have
to actually buy one.

A computer PSU will do the voltages...and fit in a computer case too.
Its standard voltage levels for most computery type stuff,so a generic
PSU is no big deal

The multipin plug is not so easy though.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Natural
Philosopher writes

The multipin plug is not so easy though.

The plug is the biggest problem! A very small round 8 pin device unlike
anything I've seen before.

--
Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Bill wrote:
A bit of a long shot but I have one of these, if you recognise the name
and model then you maybe able to help, if you don't then it is unlikely
you can help!
Anyway, it is a video multiplexer for use on CCTV and requires + &- 12V
dc & +5V dc from an external PSU with a very small multi pin power plug.
I don't suppose by any absolute remote chance any one out there has
such a PSU?
I know I could DIY one but enough DIY has gone into this already and the
proper unit would make life a lot easier. If all else fails I may have
to actually buy one.

A computer PSU will do the voltages...and fit in a computer case too.
Its standard voltage levels for most computery type stuff,so a generic
PSU is no big deal

Beware computer PSU's don't regulate well unless driving something
like a computer. In particular, unless you draw a reasonable current
from the 5V rail (assuming an old PSU where that's the primary output),
you can find the other rails all over the place. I doubt the video
multiplexer draws anything like a computer.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 00:53:23 +0000, Bill wrote:

In message , The Natural
Philosopher writes

The multipin plug is not so easy though.

The plug is the biggest problem! A very small round 8 pin device unlike
anything I've seen before.

Can you post a pic somewhere ?

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bill wrote:

A bit of a long shot but I have one of these, if you recognise the name
and model then you maybe able to help, if you don't then it is unlikely
you can help!
Anyway, it is a video multiplexer for use on CCTV and requires

I've seen such a beastie, installed in a fire service control room,
wouldn't be sure of the model though, it was installed within the last
18 months to 2 years so I'd assume the manufacturers are still around ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bill wrote:
In message , The Natural
Philosopher writes

The multipin plug is not so easy though.

The plug is the biggest problem! A very small round 8 pin device unlike
anything I've seen before.

Might be a mini DIN.

Photo?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Bill wrote:
[...]

Thats usually solved by sticking a 10 ohm 5W o resistor across the 5v
supply.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , gort
writes

Can you post a pic somewhere ?

Http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o63/G8IAY/dm-psu.jpg

Note the offset RJ11 as well, can't make life easy these guys, I have
located these though.

--
Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bill wrote:

Http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o63/G8IAY/dm-psu.jpg

That power socket certainly does look like an 8 pin mini DIN. They're
still used in the video industry on some monitors and Macs used to use
them for serial connectors in the days when Macs still had serial
interfaces.

They're an absolute bugger to solder, but RS used to sell a version that
was already terminated to a length of cable. That's a much easier
proposition to deal with.

There's a fair chance I've got an old one kicking around. E-mail me if
you want it, but it may take a while to spot a reply as this is a junk
mail account

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roly wrote:
Bill wrote:

Http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o63/G8IAY/dm-psu.jpg

That power socket certainly does look like an 8 pin mini DIN. They're
still used in the video industry on some monitors and Macs used to use
them for serial connectors in the days when Macs still had serial
interfaces.

They're an absolute bugger to solder, but RS used to sell a version that
was already terminated to a length of cable. That's a much easier
proposition to deal with.

There's a fair chance I've got an old one kicking around. E-mail me if
you want it, but it may take a while to spot a reply as this is a junk
mail account

Yes 8 pin mini din surely.

Still to be found on the end of most keyboards and mice IIRC.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Bill
writes
In message , gort
writes

Can you post a pic somewhere ?

Http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o63/G8IAY/dm-psu.jpg

Note the offset RJ11 as well, can't make life easy these guys, I have
located these though.

The power plug is easy as well, its available from IIRC, CPC, Farnell
and RS. No stock numbers but it's a mini DIN. You could also try
Dedicated Micros, they're in Swinton, Manchester.
--
Clint Sharp
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bill wrote:
In message , gort
writes

Can you post a pic somewhere ?

Http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o63/G8IAY/dm-psu.jpg

Note the offset RJ11 as well, can't make life easy these guys, I have
located these though.

You'll get the power cord from ebay,in the photographic section ie
professional video?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 18:13:59 GMT, Bill
wrote:

In message , gort
writes

Can you post a pic somewhere ?

Http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o63/G8IAY/dm-psu.jpg

Note the offset RJ11 as well, can't make life easy these guys, I have
located these though.

That looks more like an MMJ rather than an RJ11