Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Yes, butt. No, butt. Inside/Outside toilet?!

Our original flat-roof kitchen was basically a square, about 10' x
10'. In one corner was an outside toilet, taking about a small 3' x3'
square out of the kitchen.

We were thinking about taking out these two walls to give more room in
the kitchen.

Problem.

An extension was built onto the kitchen, leaving the outside toilet
now inside.

My Ma now lives in this room and has a bathroom. The outside toilet,
now inside, is now an empty cubical entered from my Ma's room.
However, the outlet from the pan goes into the original pipe in the
cubicle. That drain runs under the extension and dips sharply
downwards just outside the wall of the extension.

If I wall off the cubicle from my Ma's side and remove the two walls
on the kitchen side, the original entrance to the drain will be under
the kitchen floor.

So, any suggestions about how to connect my Ma's toilet to the
existing drain, bearing in mind that it is not feasible to stick my Ma
in the garden while I work on this.

Francis

Toilet drain runs 15 feet... Bob Home Repair 21 March 1st 06 06:06 PM
Slow flushing toilet: Vent stack? TeGGeR® Home Repair 12 March 1st 06 02:00 AM
toilet back up nogggin Home Repair 12 February 11th 06 11:17 PM
wax free toilet seal - experiences? AAB Home Repair 18 March 3rd 04 01:05 AM
Run on toilet paper predicted Stormin Mormon Home Repair 12 October 30th 03 07:48 PM