Colin

Default Porous Bath

Hi,

Just been inspecting the underside of my corner bath. It is glass-fibre.
When filled with water small droplets appear at various points on the
underside. These drip at a rate of about 1 drop every minute. This cannot
be condensation as it is quite warm and the droplets seem to be quite
localised (4 places). The only explanation I can think of is that the
glassfibre is porous/permeable.

Can this be right? Does this happen to boats? Anyone else experienced this?
Time for a new bath?

Colin

BillR

Colin wrote:
Hi,

Just been inspecting the underside of my corner bath. It is
glass-fibre. When filled with water small droplets appear at various
points on the underside. These drip at a rate of about 1 drop every
minute. This cannot be condensation as it is quite warm and the
droplets seem to be quite localised (4 places). The only explanation
I can think of is that the glassfibre is porous/permeable.

Can this be right? Does this happen to boats? Anyone else experienced
this? Time for a new bath?

That's not just porous, sound like a definite minute crack to me.
They aren't actually fibreglass are they? I thought they were Perspex...
with a fibre glass mesh on the back in a feeble attempt at reinforcement.
Don't like them myself, they flex far too much and enamelled steel ones are
reasonably priced nowadays.

Drain for bath through tiled floor BigWallop UK diy 1 September 5th 03 08:13 PM
Plastic filler (grout) round bath? Alan Holmes UK diy 1 August 10th 03 03:10 PM
cast iron bath wanted jacob UK diy 2 August 8th 03 02:38 PM
Leaking bath seal SadKate*** UK diy 6 August 7th 03 12:33 PM
'L' shaped bath anybody? BigWallop UK diy 6 July 27th 03 11:04 PM