Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Old Heating Controller Replacement

Hi all!

Sorry to be a pain, but I posted on here last week to see if it was
possible for me to swap my old Heating controller/timer, which has
packed up for a nice new digital one. I have had endless problems
trying to Get British gas to do this for me, even though I pay for them
to do it in my homecare insurance! It is now freezing cold in my house,
and with an 18 month old its not great, it would be good to be able to
set the timer to come on in the mornings before we get up!

Anyway basically what I want to know is if I post a photgraph of my
existing control unit (showing wiring etc and a description of the
wiring, coudl someone talk me through how to wire in a new one, or is
it going to be more complicated than that? All I know is that my old
timer is made by SMS, its a mechanical clock with a switch to change
from hot water to hot wanter and heating. There is no model number, and
no description of what each wire does (theres about 11!)

If anyone out there thinks they could help me if they saw the wiring
please please let me know

Thanks

A very cold

Tom

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Thomarse" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

A few years back I replaced my old motor driven programmer with a digital.
The digital came with full instructions for wiring it up in place of a
number of different types. Took about 30 mins. I found it by asking in my
local heating shop. I think it was made by a company called Leisure (or
that was the model name). They obviously supply other companies as well
because, apart from the logo, my current British Gas one is identical.

I don't know where you live but the shop was Heatrite in Hanworth Road,
Hounslow, Middx
--
Keith Willcocks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Thomarse" wrote in message
[...]

You can download the instructions for most of these products nowadays. If your
are not comfortable following these, I would suggest trying local central
heating installers and electricians.

If you have a room thermostat, I would suggest including a programmable
thermostat in the design.

--

Michael Chare

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Keith Willcocks" wrote in message

"Thomarse" wrote in message
[...]

Just had a memory click. The make was an ACL Lifestyle. I think it was
their model LP522 which is illustrated on this link (scroll down the page a
bit)
http://tinyurl.com/y97pfn
--
Keith Willcocks