Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Boiler spares - How much?

In message , Nick2
writes
My Halstead combi packed up recently - the diverter valve stopped working
so no HW (normally caused by a split diaphragm). There is a heating spares
shop down the road from me so I enquired about a repair kit, they quoted
28 ukp plus 6ukp carriage plus VAT with a 3-day lead time for the
diaphragm.

After a quick Google I found BES in Birmingham offering the diaphragm for
4.50ukp or the complete valve for 23.25ukp (plus 4.95 shipping plus VAT).
I ordered the complete valve as the boiler is 13 yrs old and on its 2nd
diaphragm, the goods arrived next morning. Now fitted and all working

The most expensive I found was actually online - uk-plumbing.com at
64.40ukp + whatever delivery + VAT for the valve.

How on earth do these people maintain business?

I sold a pcb yesterday (Myson 309S375 - for £30 +) which the customer
said that he had been quoted £265 + new

This pcb has 3 transistors on it + associated bits

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 14:06:38 +0100, Owain
wrote:

raden wrote:
I sold a pcb yesterday (Myson 309S375 - for £30 +) which the customer
said that he had been quoted £265 + new
This pcb has 3 transistors on it + associated bits

Have Russ Andrews diversified into home heating then?

Latest gadget is a special fluid - 30 quid for 10ml - you paint the
flue basket to straighten the airflow. This instantly gives 110%
efficiency even from 30 year old boilers. It's such a revelation that
experts with golden ears have even heard the sound of individual
molecules burning.

Boiler spares - How much? Andy Hall UK diy 2 October 20th 06 10:05 AM
Indirect Pandora Heatbank and Man Micromat/Boiler compatability [email protected] UK diy 40 May 24th 06 09:19 PM
Boiler spares? PigPOg UK diy 8 March 30th 06 08:30 AM
Non-modulating condensing boilers? Egremont UK diy 34 July 22nd 05 07:02 PM
Mixing header and pumps John Aston UK diy 79 December 8th 04 09:50 AM