Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dexion substitute

My understanding is that Dexion ceased to operate in the UK several
years ago.

The 1 inch square section tubing would have been ideal for my next
project.

Is anything similar available from a different manufacturer?

Are there any second hand dealers in Dexion with reasonable stocks?

Is it possible to buy new Dexion across the Channel? ie not too far
from Calais - north east France, west side of Germany)

TIA

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ironer" wrote in
oups.com:

My understanding is that Dexion ceased to operate in the UK several
years ago.

The 1 inch square section tubing would have been ideal for my next
project.

http://www.lawson-
his.co.uk/scripts/details.php?cat=Clearance%20Storage&product=27246

(watch the wrap)

Any good??

Plenty more if you google speedframe

mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ironer" wrote in message
oups.com...
My understanding is that Dexion ceased to operate in the UK several
years ago.

I've got some, about 6 metres in 100mm, 500mm, 700mm pieces or there abouts.
Do you want that?
No connectors though some inserts.

--
Mike W

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ironer wrote:
My understanding is that Dexion ceased to operate in the UK several
years ago.

The 1 inch square section tubing would have been ideal for my next
project.

Is anything similar available from a different manufacturer?

Are there any second hand dealers in Dexion with reasonable stocks?

Is it possible to buy new Dexion across the Channel? ie not too far
from Calais - north east France, west side of Germany)

TIA

RS sell a similar system.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message .com
from "ironer" contains these words:

The 1 inch square section tubing would have been ideal for my next
project.

If it's just plain 1" square tubing you want, your local steel
stockholder will be cheapest. Probably.

--
Skipweasel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ironer" wrote:
My understanding is that Dexion ceased to operate in the UK several
years ago.

The 1 inch square section tubing would have been ideal for my next
project.

Is anything similar available from a different manufacturer?

Are there any second hand dealers in Dexion with reasonable stocks?

Is it possible to buy new Dexion across the Channel? ie not too far
from Calais - north east France, west side of Germany)

TIA

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=used+dexion+shelving&btnG=Google+Se arch&meta=cr%3DcountryUK%7CcountryGB

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ironer wrote:
My understanding is that Dexion ceased to operate in the UK several
years ago.

/snip/

Many thanks for the replies & for the leads which gave the answer(s).

I posted beacause I failed to find some to buy a year or so ago, but I
am out of date: although Dexion is no longer as ubiquitous as it was 10
years ago, Dexion Comino Ltd, a rump of the old firm

http://www.dexion.com/

supplies it: Also there appears to be a major agent in Milton Keynes

http://www.stodec.com/stodectrading/

BTW the 2 key points about Dexion which make it attractive to me over
bog standard steel tube are (1) it has a black plastic-like coating (2)
the snap in connectors which provide quick trouble free accurate joins
& angles. Means I can make a quick frame work which doesn't need
further finishing off.

Thanks again

Posted to uk.d-i-y

www.rapid-racking.co.uk