electrical installation test certificate template

Old October 2nd 06, 03:43 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
Ren

Default electrical installation test certificate template

I have just found out, that after working out how to rewire the house
and fit a new CU, I now have to test it. Not only that, I have to send
in a test report for the Inspectors to view (plus one copy for the
document dossier).

So, is there any kind person out there who is able to send me an
electronic version of a blank test certificate template - or something
similar, which would satisfy the building inspectors etc?

Thanks for your help.

Old October 2nd 06, 04:01 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2 Oct 2006 06:43:38 -0700 Ren wrote :
I have just found out, that after working out how to rewire the house
and fit a new CU, I now have to test it. Not only that, I have to send
in a test report for the Inspectors to view (plus one copy for the
document dossier).

So, is there any kind person out there who is able to send me an
electronic version of a blank test certificate template - or something
similar, which would satisfy the building inspectors etc?

What are you going to do with the blank certificate once you've got it?
What really matters is not the certificate, but the fact that the work has
been tested by a suitably equipped person who is competent to do so.

Old October 2nd 06, 04:19 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
Ren

Tony Bryer wrote:

What are you going to do with the blank certificate once you've got it?
What really matters is not the certificate, but the fact that the work has
been tested by a suitably equipped person who is competent to do so.

Sorry Mr Bryer,

I have all the gear - it's for my work on Zone 0 and Zone 1 hazardous
area electrical installations. Meters, Scopes, Meg's, LCR bridges etc.
etc. etc.

I will check the wiring out and fill in the forms myself - the
certificate is just to save me from having to design one myself, and
the inspector would like some continuity I'm sure.

Thanks,

Ren.

Old October 2nd 06, 04:37 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2 Oct 2006 07:19:07 -0700 someone who may be "Ren"
wrote this:-

I will check the wiring out and fill in the forms myself - the
certificate is just to save me from having to design one myself, and
the inspector would like some continuity I'm sure.

If you have all the test equipment and know how to use it then I am
surprised you don't know where to get the forms from. A selection
are available from the IET (formerly IEE) web site.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Old October 2nd 06, 04:37 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2 Oct 2006 06:43:38 -0700, "Ren"
wrote:

I have just found out, that after working out how to rewire the house
and fit a new CU, I now have to test it. Not only that, I have to send
in a test report for the Inspectors to view (plus one copy for the
document dossier).

So, is there any kind person out there who is able to send me an
electronic version of a blank test certificate template - or something
similar, which would satisfy the building inspectors etc?

Thanks for your help.

The BS7671 forms for filling in by hand and a pdf forms template for
computer entry are on the IET website

http://www.iee.org/Publish/WireRegs/forms.cfm

Old October 2nd 06, 04:42 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
Ren

David Hansen wrote:

If you have all the test equipment and know how to use it then I am
surprised you don't know where to get the forms from.

Mr Hansen,

Thanks - my line is in EEx 'e', EEx 'i' and EEx 'd' systems for process
plants - this house stuff is all new to me, but logical.

Ren.

Old October 2nd 06, 07:42 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2 Oct 2006 07:19:07 -0700, a particular chimpanzee named "Ren"
randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

I will check the wiring out and fill in the forms myself - the
certificate is just to save me from having to design one myself, and
the inspector would like some continuity I'm sure.

They're in the back of Approved Document P (have a mooch around
http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/eng...00001253.html).
--
Hugo Nebula
just how far from the pack have you strayed?"

Electrical installation in my garden workshop pompeysprk UK diy 0 January 27th 05 01:34 AM
Laws requiring portable appliance testing and electrical installation testing if any? Z UK diy 9 June 14th 04 12:00 PM
Earth Bondng Adrian Simpson UK diy 8 March 22nd 04 12:58 AM
New Electrical Regs - Again PoP UK diy 169 October 23rd 03 12:34 AM