Suz

Default Can you put a water supply pipe and a gas supply pipe in the same conduit?

This may well be a dumb question:
Can you put a water supply pipe and a gas supply pipe in the same conduit
(service pipe thingy)?
TIA
Suzanne

Suz

This may well be a dumb question:
Can you put a water supply pipe and a gas supply pipe in the same conduit
(service pipe thingy)?
TIA
Suzanne

Bit of further info : friendly guy working for Waterline (at 8:30 pm Sun
evening!) thinks it is possible. Off to check with Phoenix Gas...

Zus

On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 18:37:16 +0100, "Suz" wrote:

This may well be a dumb question:
Can you put a water supply pipe and a gas supply pipe in the same conduit
(service pipe thingy)?
TIA
Suzanne

When we were having our new house built, I am pretty sure that all our
utilities (gas, electricity, water & cable) were brought through the
same conduit. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I
am not aware of any regulations to prevent this.

Zus
Suz

"Zus" wrote in message
On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 18:37:16 +0100, "Suz" wrote:

This may well be a dumb question:
Can you put a water supply pipe and a gas supply pipe in the same conduit
(service pipe thingy)?
TIA
Suzanne

When we were having our new house built, I am pretty sure that all our
utilities (gas, electricity, water & cable) were brought through the
same conduit. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I
am not aware of any regulations to prevent this.

Zus

Are you making fun of me? There is no way putting gas and electic in the
same conduit could be correct!

Suzanne

BigWallop

"Suz" wrote in message
"Zus" wrote in message
On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 18:37:16 +0100, "Suz" wrote:

This may well be a dumb question:
Can you put a water supply pipe and a gas supply pipe in the same

conduit
(service pipe thingy)?
TIA
Suzanne

When we were having our new house built, I am pretty sure that all our
utilities (gas, electricity, water & cable) were brought through the
same conduit. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I
am not aware of any regulations to prevent this.

Zus

Are you making fun of me? There is no way putting gas and electic in the
same conduit could be correct!

Suzanne

They do it in the streets everyday, so why should it be different when it
arrives inside your house ? Any plumber worth their salt will be able to
trace where pipes are coming from and going to, so if they are daft enough
to try and take gas from the water pipe or water from a gas pipe, then they
ain't the kind of plumber I'd want on my staff.

My only main advise would be to make that any metal pipework, including
electrical conduit, gas pipes and water pipes, is fully earth bonded with a
proper safety warning tagged banding strip.

---
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com