Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pipe clipping / basin stand

Having just fitted and had signed off (with glowing comments :-) a combi
boiler, the bathroom is now high pressure heaven. However the pipework to
the basin is unclipped from floor level and terminates in free air for the
flexible tap connector connection. I deliberately ran the pipes close to
the ceramic upstand to hide them from most viewing angles but now they
clang about when the taps are shut off. Is there a proprietory solution
to this? Sticky foam pads on the back of a pipe clip I don't expect to be
very long lasting.

--
Mike W
Posted to uk.d-i-y

visionset wrote:
Having just fitted and had signed off (with glowing comments :-) a
combi boiler, the bathroom is now high pressure heaven. However the
pipework to the basin is unclipped from floor level and terminates in
free air for the flexible tap connector connection. I deliberately
ran the pipes close to the ceramic upstand to hide them from most
viewing angles but now they clang about when the taps are shut off.
Is there a proprietory solution to this? Sticky foam pads on the back
of a pipe clip I don't expect to be very long lasting.

Remove the flexible connectors and reconnect with pipe n elbows

Jon

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jonathan Pearson" wrote in message

Remove the flexible connectors and reconnect with pipe n elbows

This is a mixer tap with the 8mm tails fitting in close proximity of each
other and with a special threaded fitting. Can you get rigid alternatives?

--
Mike W

Posted to uk.d-i-y

VisionSet wrote:
"Jonathan Pearson" wrote in message

Remove the flexible connectors and reconnect with pipe n elbows

This is a mixer tap with the 8mm tails fitting in close proximity of each
other and with a special threaded fitting. Can you get rigid alternatives?

As I am about to fit a basin much the same, except that it came supplied
with connectors converting to 15mm including a few inches of pipe it
must be available. Try your local plumbers merchants, all the ones I
have visited are great and helpful.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

visionset wrote:
Having just fitted and had signed off (with glowing comments :-) a combi
boiler, the bathroom is now high pressure heaven. However the pipework to
the basin is unclipped from floor level and terminates in free air for the
flexible tap connector connection. I deliberately ran the pipes close to
the ceramic upstand to hide them from most viewing angles but now they
clang about when the taps are shut off. Is there a proprietory solution
to this? Sticky foam pads on the back of a pipe clip I don't expect to be
very long lasting.

Can of expanding foam should sort this one out.

Make sure you have a bit of newspaper in the floor though, Its not easy
to stop it plopping.

Gas pipe clipping VisionSet UK diy 3 August 3rd 06 01:10 AM
Ground Rod For House ? Robert11 Home Repair 28 January 3rd 06 10:25 PM
Adding a basin to a toilet with no route for basin waste pipe Richard Hamer UK diy 24 July 22nd 04 12:12 AM
plastic air pipe CampinGazz Woodworking 8 February 9th 04 11:24 AM
Replacing old steel water main supply pipe Pandora UK diy 3 January 24th 04 08:53 AM