Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Gates, latches and hinges

Who was asking about self-closing hinges for gates, and latches that
could be easily opened from each side?

This is how it's done in Coalbrookdale....

http://www.skipweasel.pwp.blueyonder...mages/gate.jpg
http://www.skipweasel.pwp.blueyonder...ages/latch.jpg
http://www.skipweasel.pwp.blueyonder...ages/hinge.jpg

The latch bolt is withdrawn by the lever rising from the top of the
gate, so horsebods can use it easily. The gate swings closed because of
the two-pin lower hinge and the latch catches because whichever side the
gate shuts from the bolt, guided by the ramp, lifts the appropriate hook
which then falls and traps the bolt.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

That's really clever! Anyone know who makes them?

Horsebod

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from "Newshound" contains these words:

That's really clever! Anyone know who makes them?

Hmmm, I could ask at Ironbridge and see if they know.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Newshound" wrote in message
That's really clever! Anyone know who makes them?

You could try here
http://www.surelatch.com/products.htm

It's a merkin site but the same principle

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from Guy King contains these words:

Hmmm, I could ask at Ironbridge and see if they know.

Found a label on one today....

Gates and Stiles - 01953 602085

They appear to have a website - but it just does Listing Denied....

www.gatesandstiles.co.uk

--
Skipweasel

Posted to uk.d-i-y
PJ PJ is offline

Guy King wrote:
The message
from Guy King contains these words:

Hmmm, I could ask at Ironbridge and see if they know.

Found a label on one today....

Gates and Stiles - 01953 602085

They appear to have a website - but it just does Listing Denied....

www.gatesandstiles.co.uk

Try www.gatesandstiles.com
HTH
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from PJ contains these words:

Try www.gatesandstiles.com

Odd. When I googled for their phone number the only site that came up
was the .co.uk one.

--
Skipweasel